10.6 / 10.5 Asus P5P43TD Pro Help

Gman Mini

15 posts in this topic

*Update*

I decided to skip the whole "recover to image" option and burnt a DVD_DL - it seems to install OSX and about 30 minutes to go before restart. Will post findings.

Hello All,

I have hopefully what is just a short question where as I am just looking at the problem to hard to see the solution.

My system stats are as follows:

-----------------------------------

Board - Asus P5P43TD Pro - Version 0401

Memory - 1066 6GB DDR3 Ram

CPU - Q6600

Video - Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB

DVD - Samsung Sata DVD

HDD - WD Caviar 500GB Sata

-----------------------------------

There was a beautiful guide posted on the forums for all P5Q boards that had some great screen-shots of the bios settings, however after following those, I do receive the screen that they said would appear if you set the bios settings yourself and not use the OC profile. However I could not find a work around on what you do after that screen. This board does not have the OC Profiler available to upload the bios settings.

On with the next part - my installation woes. XD

As stated from the OSX86 HCL it shows the following for my board:

P5P43TD PRO Intel ICH10R SATA Intel Q8200 CPU 2.33 GHZ (Ok)

• 512MB ASUS NVIDIA 9600GT PCI-Express (Natit x64)
  • ICH10R SATA (AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext)
  • ALC887 (Works with VoodooHDA x64.kext)
  • AttansicL1eEthernet (AttansicL1eEthernet.kext)
  • Install Snow Leopard 10A432 Full Retail OK with Chameleon 2.0 RC 640 + PC_EFI 9.4 /x32 & x64 modes both works well/
  • No sleep yet. Shutdown/restart through OpenHaltRestart.kext

I booted into OSX Via iDeneb 1.7 - Created two partitions - one the install partition 8GB and one the Snow Leopard (remaining space) - I took the retail image and restored it to the install partition - then rebooted my PC with a USB Thumbdrive that has Chameleon V2 RC30?, it asks me what I want to boot and it shows my "Install" partition - I have tried to boot it by pressing enter and it displays "Could not find "mach_kernel" then returns to the selection screen, upon hitting enter again it decides to boot and then I get the Gray Apple screen then a kernel panic asking me to restart my computer...

In my limited experience it seems to be that a bios setting is whack or that the kernel that is loading doesn't like something with my system.

I spent a few hours researching for information on this board and it seems all I can turn up is that everyone gets stuck at the "Mac Framework Successfully Initiated" or this "Please restart your computer" from the kernel panic.

If anyone has a quick guide for this main board and their bios settings it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Apart from that I would love to give a big shout out to everyone on these forums, you have solved more problems than I can count, not only related to OSX86 but many other things as well! Thank you so much for your support!

Bios Settings:

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0047.JPGIMG_0048.JPG

I have The Same Problem my Friend.

I make Installations for 1 MONTH DAY and Night !!!

I have follow all the installation GUIDES but Nothing !!!

99% must be the Motherboard settings (I have try them ALL but Nothing)

I still keep Trying for the 1% (it means that we have done some mistake from the guide)

If I found Something i will POST you

KEEP TRYING !!!

I have The Same Problem my Friend.

I make Installations for 1 MONTH DAY and Night !!!

I have follow all the installation GUIDES but Nothing !!!

99% must be the Motherboard settings (I have try them ALL but Nothing)

I still keep Trying for the 1% (it means that we have done some mistake from the guide)

If I found Something i will POST you

KEEP TRYING !!!

I finally got it to work, turned out that the board doesn't seem to like the USB-Drive Image-Restore option.

You can download all the needed Kexts from this link Download Snow Leopard Kexts Special thanks to those guys that assembled this archive.

1. You can follow the bios settings in the above post to get them correct.

2. Next thing you need to do is burn the .dmg (that you backed up yourself *cough cough*) to a Dual Layer-DVD

3. Download the Snow Leopard Boot DVD - (google for now, I will post the ISO tomorrow)

4. Boot up with the Snow Leopard Boot DVD - (Chameleon V2)

5. Eject the Boot CD and insert your SL 10.6 install DVD_DL

6. Hit F5

7. Select the Mac OSX Install DVD from the selection.

8. The DVD Will boot, give it a moment (5 min)

9. Use the Disk utility to format your drive and partition as you wish, make sure you use GUID as I have not tested the install on an MBR.

10. Select the equivalent of Next Next Next aka continue all the way through, don't adjust any of the custom options.

11. Go do something for an hour or so.

12. It will tell you that the installation was unsuccessful because it could not read the boot on the drive, this is perfectly fine.

13. Reboot your computer and put in your Boot-CD

14. Use KextHelper to install the nessesary Kext Files from that Archive. Mainly the following:

AttansicL1eEthernet.kext - Internet

VoodooHDA x64.kext - Sound

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext - Sata speed up

OpenHaltRestart.kext - Shutdown/Restart

NvidiaNject - I have an 8800GTX 768 and this Kext fixed my video, others say sometimes it works OOB

Things I still have to do is figure out how to install Chameleon manually to this drive since the install was a fresh 10.6 - There are tons of tutorials I found for doing this I am just about to head to bed though.

I have updated this machine from apple and installed Firefox, Remote Desktop, Office, iLife 09.

Well I have a fully working OSX Installation on my RIG!

Follow these last steps thanks to bxtreme and quaza!

The following is from "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186856"

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185701 -Where you can find the P5Q.zip file.

I made sure I did these steps correctly..

This is what I did to remove the "acpi_smc_platformplugin::pushCPU_CSTData......" issue when booting through Chameleon on my leopard partition. Previously I was only able to get into OSX from the BootCD provided in this tutorial.

You will need: P5Q.zip and kexthelper from the first post by Quaza ....Don't forget to repair your permissions through the Disk Utility after you complete the following steps!

Restating Quaza's directions:

1. Install Chameleon RC2 from the package provided in P5Q.zip

2. Download MainMenu, install it and use it to reveal hidden files.

3. Move the 'boot' file you find in your Snow Leopard partition to the trash.

4. From P5Q.zip take the 'boot' file from the RC3 folder and drop it where the old one was.

5. Now go to the root of your S.Leopard partition, click Extras, then open the Extensions folder

6. Put ALL the .kext files you got from P5Q.zip and drop them in the root\extras\extensions folder you just opened. Replace the old ones if duplicates are found.

7. Open "Kext Helper" and drag all the kext files you just put in 'root\extras\extensions' to the kext helper window.

8. Insert your snow leopard password if any, and then click on easy install.

9. Restart without BootCD and see if you can get into Snow Leopard

I finally got it to work, turned out that the board doesn't seem to like the USB-Drive Image-Restore option.

You can download all the needed Kexts from this link Download Snow Leopard Kexts Special thanks to those guys that assembled this archive.

1. You can follow the bios settings in the above post to get them correct.

2. Next thing you need to do is burn the .dmg (that you backed up yourself *cough cough*) to a Dual Layer-DVD

3. Download the Snow Leopard Boot DVD - (google for now, I will post the ISO tomorrow)

4. Boot up with the Snow Leopard Boot DVD - (Chameleon V2)

5. Eject the Boot CD and insert your SL 10.6 install DVD_DL

6. Hit F5

7. Select the Mac OSX Install DVD from the selection.

8. The DVD Will boot, give it a moment (5 min)

9. Use the Disk utility to format your drive and partition as you wish, make sure you use GUID as I have not tested the install on an MBR.

10. Select the equivalent of Next Next Next aka continue all the way through, don't adjust any of the custom options.

11. Go do something for an hour or so.

12. It will tell you that the installation was unsuccessful because it could not read the boot on the drive, this is perfectly fine.

13. Reboot your computer and put in your Boot-CD

14. Use KextHelper to install the nessesary Kext Files from that Archive. Mainly the following:

AttansicL1eEthernet.kext - Internet

VoodooHDA x64.kext - Sound

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext - Sata speed up

OpenHaltRestart.kext - Shutdown/Restart

NvidiaNject - I have an 8800GTX 768 and this Kext fixed my video, others say sometimes it works OOB

Things I still have to do is figure out how to install Chameleon manually to this drive since the install was a fresh 10.6 - There are tons of tutorials I found for doing this I am just about to head to bed though.

I have updated this machine from apple and installed Firefox, Remote Desktop, Office, iLife 09.

THANKS for Everything Gman.

You are Great !

I Haven't try this (scenario) because i have not a DVD Dual Layer. (Please Don't laugh it's true)

I will try all these and Will Post you my results.

Keep in touch Thank you

You make my Day!!

(After One hour)

I've Found " Boot 132 " File : BootCD.iso

From Here : http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/boot-132-for-snow-leopard/

Is that the same iso that you've wrote me ?

Well I have a fully working OSX Installation on my RIG!

Follow these last steps thanks to bxtreme and quaza!

The following is from "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=186856"

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185701 -Where you can find the P5Q.zip file.

I made sure I did these steps correctly..

This is what I did to remove the "acpi_smc_platformplugin::pushCPU_CSTData......" issue when booting through Chameleon on my leopard partition. Previously I was only able to get into OSX from the BootCD provided in this tutorial.

You will need: P5Q.zip and kexthelper from the first post by Quaza ....Don't forget to repair your permissions through the Disk Utility after you complete the following steps!

Restating Quaza's directions:

1. Install Chameleon RC2 from the package provided in P5Q.zip

2. Download MainMenu, install it and use it to reveal hidden files.

3. Move the 'boot' file you find in your Snow Leopard partition to the trash.

4. From P5Q.zip take the 'boot' file from the RC3 folder and drop it where the old one was.

5. Now go to the root of your S.Leopard partition, click Extras, then open the Extensions folder

6. Put ALL the .kext files you got from P5Q.zip and drop them in the root\extras\extensions folder you just opened. Replace the old ones if duplicates are found.

7. Open "Kext Helper" and drag all the kext files you just put in 'root\extras\extensions' to the kext helper window.

8. Insert your snow leopard password if any, and then click on easy install.

9. Restart without BootCD and see if you can get into Snow Leopard

Thank AGAIN For your Help Gman :)

I've Follow The Above and it Works Just Perfect !

I was On 10.6.1 (Update) with 32Bit Kernel (From Boot 132 CD :press " \ " and type arch=i386)

Install Chameleon RC2 (at the end i had an ERROR)

But I continue to follow your instructions 2,3,4,5,6,7 ect...

And Finaly...

I boot from Harddisk Without problem. 64bit and 32bit.

You are just ;) PERFECT !!! :thumbsup_anim:

So you have just CREATE the PERFRECT GUIDE For P5P43TD Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everybody!

Got myself recently a second (of fifth?) rig and thought it would be nice to have SnowLeo installed into one of the HDDs. So, I google it for two minutes and found out this topic on Asus P5P43TD Pro mobo.

My question: is there any way to have a crystal smooth install on this mobo with Hazard's 10c540 build? Can't get out of my mind how easy was to install Jas's Tiger on P4s, back in the hackintosh haydays :star_smile: I used for a while several hackintoshes, til I got a real Mac. But I miss so much the fun I enjoyed during early Kelyway's, iATKOS and iDeneb distros, with minimal patching and tweaking...

So, this is the config:

-P5P43TD-Pro mobo (factory bios ver.)

-Core2Duo E8400 (clocked at 3,41GHz for the moment, using stock cooler)

-4Gb DDR3 - 2x Kingmax FBGA Mars 2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL7 (setup at 1509MHz CL9)

-many (I think 5) SATA2 HDDs (non-RAID yet), one last diehard dinosaur Ultra160 SCSI HDD+controller (not intended to be used with OSX)

-GF9800GT 512RAM

-museum Creative Audigy1 Platinum Ex (try to see if it dies before me)

-huge Corsair pwr suply, well cooled case, etc

-USB optical drive

-garbage PS2 keyboard, USB mouse (both used with a KVM for a second comp)

This system is intended to work half a day as a win/linux server. And yes, I'd like to have configured SATA as IDE, and yes, I'd like to use Chameleon 2.0-RC4 :) and yes, I'd like a fully functional x64 Snow Leopard, thank you. I would'n mind to use the onboard ALC887 for OSX either. I downloaded Hazard's DVD, booted with F8 flag cpus=1 just to see what's packed inside...

And this is where the funny part starts... :D

Any suggestions?

Big hug to insanelymac :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really need the bios settings for this Motherboard, I'm sure I've got them right anyway but need to check, the screen-shots from original post do not show anymore...

and if someone with this board could tell me exactly which kext's i need installing from iDeneb 10.5.8 lite I would be very grateful!

Cheers!

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
hey guys, pleeeeeease upload again the files and bios screens. I have the same problem but i need to see the bios configurations and download that files.

thank you!!

If still need correct BIOS settings - pls let me know :P