ASUS P5Q Deluxe Beta EFI Bios Available Helpfull?

antol11

20 posts in this topic

can you give us more information, about speedstep, sleep/halt/reboot, etc.....

can you install bootcamp or refit ?

is it more native ?

This may be a daft question - does this this BIOS allow you to run without a Decryption kext?

This may be a daft question - does this this BIOS allow you to run without a Decryption kext?

did you forgot that bios based MB can also run osx w/o decryption with smc emulation :rolleyes:

anyway i don't think that there is a smc device/emulation on this beta efi

i not sure of that, so please tell us locojens

• 2 weeks later...

I have this board with the UEFI bios, and OS X runs without problems. But I have to use the normal way of booting with chameleon. It is not booting refit or OS X CD. It does boot the UEFI from Windows 7 however. I tried linux and grub2.efi but no success yet. (I have not made big efforts in getting it working tough).

• 3 months later...

I downloaded all the files and cannot get it to install :(

THe manual discusses different file names than the downloaded file, I made a dos bootable usb stick and still nothing :(

typical asus.

And I agree, why bother retaining DSDT tables from the old bios if you're going to use a new UEFI system?

• 1 month later...
I have this board with the UEFI bios, and OS X runs without problems. But I have to use the normal way of booting with chameleon. It is not booting refit or OS X CD. It does boot the UEFI from Windows 7 however. I tried linux and grub2.efi but no success yet. (I have not made big efforts in getting it working tough).

OT

Hi superhai, i have read that you have the same my mobo p5q deluxe. Simply my question is: your connection eSata work? I have try all Appleviaata but nothing, only pata connection works but not the eSata (same controller)

Thanks for possible answer and sorry for my english :)

• 1 month later...
This version of uefi bios for deluxe is really not much stable in overclock and unfortunately the Asus says that there will not a new version based on the 2301 legacy bios..

Ciao

I know it's unstable, but I need it for dynamic EFI emulation, instead of static chameleon. Especially I need MGs and CPBs values from UEFI running system.