Snow Leopard on Hardware Raid Set (bootable)

32 posts in this topic

Ok I've emailed them and will see.

9.5.3 doesn't work for me.

you have to boot in 32bit mode for the stable 9.5.3 drivers to work... Since i boot with chameleon i had to use the flag "arch=i386" some others you need to use "-x32" instead.

Could someone please post the x64bit version of the kext so people can grab it from here instead of having to email 3ware... would be so much easier ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
AMCC 3ware

UPDATE: official Snow Leopard 64 bit Driver here -> go

i can prove that the AMCC 3ware 9650SE-4LPML RAID Controller is working under Snow Leopard with the 3wareInstallFix.dmg but only in 32Bit mode. for that controller, you need the 9.5.1 Codeset from here too. i'm using it for my Asus P6T Deluxe.

btw every 9650SE and 9690SA based Controller should work fine.

Areca

i'm using the Areca ARC-1220 booting my Snow Leopard Installation on my Gigabyte ud4p with 8 harddisks in RAID6. very nice because no installation or patching is required. areca drivers are already included in the standard apple kexts. it works in 32 and 64 bit mode.

as long as 3ware stuck with the 32 bit only drivers, i'm gonna stay with areca ;)

here's a screenshot :wacko:

post-187087-1258492188_thumb.jpg post-187087-1258492930_thumb.jpgpost-187087-1258492938_thumb.jpg

Does this mean that the card is bootable in SL using the 64bit kext ?

Can someone share their experience (performance wise) in using these cards? ;)

Maxi

• 1 month later...
Does this mean that the card is bootable in SL using the 64bit kext ?

Can someone share their experience (performance wise) in using these cards? :D

Maxi

I can confirm as well that this works very nicely, although the url provided in the original post does not work anymore.

You can get the driver at the following location: http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle15173.aspx

I'm currently working from a bootable raidset on a 9560SE4LPML for which i've used the following install method:

- downloaded v2.2.3 kext via above url

- installed kext into chameleon extensions dir and to \System\Library\Extensions\ (installed SL from running SL installation)

i'm getting around 230MB/s writes on my raidset which is nice :D

Cheers,

Maxi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I can confirm as well that this works very nicely, although the url provided in the original post does not work anymore.

You can get the driver at the following location: http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle15173.aspx

I'm currently working from a bootable raidset on a 9560SE4LPML for which i've used the following install method:

- downloaded v2.2.3 kext via above url

- installed kext into chameleon extensions dir and to \System\Library\Extensions\ (installed SL from running SL installation)

i'm getting around 230MB/s writes on my raidset which is nice :)

Cheers,

Maxi

This raidcard and kext work under OS Lion 10.7 as well :)