HELP: GeForce GTS 250 not working at all/properly with 10.6.1

5 posts in this topic

back again, prolly just as annoying as before

my current rig is

Intel Core i7 920 Processor @ 2.67 Ghz

Intel DX58SO mobo

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 GPU @ 1GB DDR3

2x 1TB WD Caviar Black HDDs, one with iAtkos v7 and one with Vista Ultimate x64

1x 160GB Maxtor HDD with snow leopard 10.6.1 that was installed with an X58 patch installer, using kexts downloaded from a blog with 64 bit postings

now, i CANNOT get my GPU to work. the version of NVinject i use with the installer thing gets the proper rez, but incorrect vram setting (256MB instead of 1GB), and does not enable QE/CL. i tried to open tech tool pro 5 and it did not work because of this. have tried EFI strings with no luck. Natit and OSX86 tools efi string generator, and a few other methods. i have no clue what to do. anyone else have any luck with the same card/probs or have a solution?

phoenixflame611,

I use Chameleon 2.0 RC3-r658's built-in GraphicsEnabler, along with Netkas' PC EFI v10.3 (10.1 booter). I've got an EVGA GeForce GTS 250 Superclock 1GB, and it works great.

I've used efi-strings, but noticed some issues with watching movies in HD (it would unexpectedly crash the system).

Peace,

IanT

my current rig is

Intel DX58SO mobo

1x 160GB Maxtor HDD with snow leopard 10.6.1 that was installed with an X58 patch installer, using kexts downloaded from a blog with 64 bit postings

now, i CANNOT get my GPU to work. the version of NVinject i use with the installer thing gets the proper rez, but incorrect vram setting (256MB instead of 1GB), and does not enable QE/CL. i tried to open tech tool pro 5 and it did not work because of this. have tried EFI strings with no luck. Natit and OSX86 tools efi string generator, and a few other methods. i have no clue what to do. anyone else have any luck with the same card/probs or have a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

my current rig is

Intel DX58SO mobo

Hi phoenixflame611,

it's my first post on this forum ... i'm just trying to install OsX SL on my new Hackintosh.

I've found this post .. hope can help mee too ... i've the same card !

Also for anybody with GTS 250 card trying to use dual monitor: - NVkush kext works the best. (NVinject will also work well, but with reduced functions - w/o mirroring or rotating in case you have multiple monitors ). I also tried EFI string, but I was not able to get the second monitor up - though it might be because of some mistake on my part too.