SOLVED:X4500 Mouse artifact with Native Resolution

jasim

126 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Once for ALL!!! The patched kexts for GMA4500 works ONLY at 10.6->10.6.1->10.6.2!!! The graphics architecture it 10.6.3 is changed and there are more kexts and system files added, and this is the reason for those issues. The only working way for native resolution at 10.6.3 it the Deviato`s method!

I think i am getting the same problem. where can i find the Deviato‘s method?

Hello, can anyone tell me how to get the screenshot work?

I installed the kext provided in 1st post, and the resolution and mouse both work great now. The only problem is that I can't get the screenshot work, and the preview.app doesn't show pictures properly either. I think it is related to the QE/CI incapability.

I also tried to use GIMP to make a screenshot but no luck.

hi bboyg thank you for your reply

would you please tell me which screen capture applications work without QE support?

I tried many of them but none worked.

as for preview, I now use XEE for picture viewing and it works great.

First of all i am not a system programmer.. Its just a pure tweak.. :P:P

Many of users reporting mouse artifact for their compaq and lenovo laptop's having Intel 4500 MHD (Dev ID 2a42).

As shown in the below picture.

tuvfru35pt.jpg

I have hexedited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (Version 1.5.48) using Lavender.t's post to make use of software cursor instead of a hardware cursor. You can see the result

tuvvvndy4x.jpg

u should only install this kext if u having 4500MHD (2a42) and also with an mouse artifact. It will not enable QE/CI for your mac.

Steps to install

1.Download kexthelper.

2.Download the Edited Kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext.zip

3.Extract It.

4.Drag the kext to kext helper> Type the admin password> and click easy install

5.Reboot with bootflags '-f -v

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0007

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Thankz to Lavender.t :)

I applied it to My DELL Inspiron 1440 , but after reboot, screen gets black.

my graphic specification is as under

you could try to enlarge your cursor in system preference>assistant, maybe, i am in win7. just try to enlarge as you can see.

i can see the cursor is stucked in the left corner at the apple logo from menu. But i can drag and enter the programs if i find where the real one is. Only the cursor image is stucked...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i am having DELL 1545 1366X768.

I installed 3100 intel driver at the customizing install.

after completing install in intalled 3100 patched kexts. and the worked GR8.

one problem a blue screen appears just after bootin for 2 second is it possible to eliminate this artifact?

Thnx for the guide.

anybody knows how to enable QE/CI for 4500 patched resolution.

where did you get the patch

I think i am getting the same problem. where can i find the Deviato‘s method?

what is the deviato's method

• 1 month later...

how to reboot with bootflags '-f -v' ? I'm using iatkos 10.5.7 using chameleon 2 rc4 and didn't find any way to type anything during boot up... please help.

First of all i am not a system programmer.. Its just a pure tweak.. :rolleyes::P

Many of users reporting mouse artifact for their compaq and lenovo laptop's having Intel 4500 MHD (Dev ID 2a42).

As shown in the below picture.

tuvfru35pt.jpg

I have hexedited the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (Version 1.5.48) using Lavender.t's post to make use of software cursor instead of a hardware cursor. You can see the result

tuvvvndy4x.jpg

u should only install this kext if u having 4500MHD (2a42) and also with an mouse artifact. It will not enable QE/CI for your mac.

Steps to install

1.Download kexthelper.

2.Download the Edited Kext AppleIntelGMAX3100FB_softcursor_sleep.kext.zip

3.Extract It.

4.Drag the kext to kext helper> Type the admin password> and click easy install

5.Reboot with bootflags '-f -v'

Thankz to Lavender.t :)

how to reboot with bootflags '-f -v' ? I'm using iatkos 10.5.7 using chameleon 2 rc4 and didn't find any way to type anything during boot up... please help.

when you see chameleon start up that it says press any key for options just type -f -v you can see what u type down to the left corner of your screen

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to get the cursor to work, I tried installing the kext provided in the first post. However, upon rebooting, I get the native resolution, but the cursor is still stuck at the top-left corner of the screen. I have somewhat been able to mitigate the problem by changing the cursor size in System Preferences, but it's rather annoying to still have to "guess" the location of it.

I noticed that while installing another kext to get native resolution, it had a DSDT that had to go with it in order for it to work properly. Could it be that this one requires a specialized one for it to work? If so, it would be greatly appreciated if I could be pointed to such a file. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using 10.5.8 and this patch work properly, but in System profiler, only AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext loaded, the AppleIntelGMAX3100 was not loaded, so I have a small doubt, do we need both two kext loaded or only the FB kext loaded, I attached screenshot for easily understand because my bad english :rolleyes:

post-211874-1294659058_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

thanks very much

the driver is working very smooth with native resolution on my latitude E5500 id 2a42 :D

but i have big problem i couldn't solve the mouse pointer isn't visible it stuck on the upper left of the screen but i can use the mouse but with no pointer :blink: (like the blind man )

sorry for the noob question but please help becasue any other driver didn't make the native resolution to work,,,

i need this driver with mouse pointer activity :angel: