branding processor etc.

terramir

9 posts in this topic

You can do it yourself with TextEdit.

Have a look at

/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AboutThisMac.strings

read it don't know exactly what to edit also it seems like I need to log on as root in order to edit it, can do root can't do the edit cause I dunno what line exactly to edit let's say I want it to say 1.6ghz Intel Atom 270, right now it says 1.6GHZ unknown what line do I exactly change and what else can I change in that file someone gimme a little tut assist here pl0x

terramir

read it don't know exactly what to edit also it seems like I need to log on as root in order to edit it, can do root can't do the edit cause I dunno what line exactly to edit let's say I want it to say 1.6ghz Intel Atom 270, right now it says 1.6GHZ unknown what line do I exactly change and what else can I change in that file someone gimme a little tut assist here pl0x

terramir

Put this in the terminal:

open /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/

Then when the Finder folder opens, copy AboutThisMac.strings to your desktop. On the desktop double click on AboutThisMac.strings and tell OSX to open it with Text Edit.

Now when it opens, find this:

"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT"

And change the = to whatever you want. Mine is like this:

"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "2.4 GHz Q6600 Core 2 Duo"

Now save the file. Then drag and drop it back into that open Finder window and put in your password. Reboot.

Thanks that worked :( I figured out though it pulls the string 1.6Ghz unknown from somewhere else, anyone know where that might be cause if I could edit the info or kext somewhere else maybe my apple would know it has a atom proc LOL

But thanks again now it works :P

terramir