Retail 10.6 for Asrock owners

iSynapse

60 posts in this topic

Hello Asrock owners....as you already know osx86 on Asrock mobo is quite hard to install...well I tryed several times using iDeneb (other distros as well) and retail of course with no luck...but today after my first try with this boot132 made by blackosx I managed to install retail with my first try without any problems or tweakings ;) ....i was astonished by the result.

Anyway without makeing this post long....just use the boot132 to install your retail SL, put the kexts from the Preboot.dmg in your extra folder + your favourit Video and Audio drivers and ofcourse Chameleon 2 RC3 and there you go...a perfectly running retail SL on Asrock (mine were Asrock Conroe1333-D667 and G31M-S - both working not good...but very good :D )

So I hope you manage to get it working as I did...good luck...

Thanks for this! I have an older ASRock Conroe945G-DVI motherboard and was never able to install Leopard Retail on it, tried this method with Snow Leopard Retail and it worked first time using the onboard graphics (GMA950 in 32-bit mode).

Great job everyone!

i live you man this works a treat on the conroe1333-d667!

one thing i cant for the life me to get the ALC888 audio working even the poxy 2 channel output i had with Leo 10.5.6 have any of you had any luck?

once again though thanks your a star

i live you man this works a treat on the conroe1333-d667!

one thing i cant for the life me to get the ALC888 audio working even the poxy 2 channel output i had with Leo 10.5.6 have any of you had any luck?

once again though thanks your a star

Regarding the audio problem...I've got it working using the VoodooHDA kext...all 5 output works but u have the same stereo out on all of them...no mic no line it...but it works great...

I even managed to make it run my Asrock flawlesly in 64bit mode... :D

So heads up for Asrock :)

PS: if anyone manage to put your hands on the ALC888 driver for Asrock let me know...thx

Regarding the audio problem...I've got it working using the VoodooHDA kext...all 5 output works but u have the same stereo out on all of them...no mic no line it...but it works great...

I even managed to make it run my Asrock flawlesly in 64bit mode... :D

So heads up for Asrock :)

PS: if anyone manage to put your hands on the ALC888 driver for Asrock let me know...thx

cheers

just one last thing are you booting into x32 or x64? i get a "still waiting for root device" error in x32 which i think is down to my SATA in x64 mode but i am still tinkering to try and pin it down

cheers

just one last thing are you booting into x32 or x64? i get a "still waiting for root device" error in x32 which i think is down to my SATA in x64 mode but i am still tinkering to try and pin it down

My SL is booting with 64 bit kernel and Kexts :)...

is it working for my P45TS motherboard?!

please PM me

As far as I can see your mobo is more compatible with OSX then ours...so my answer is yes...it could work...as for the audio I think u'll be i the same pot as us...meaning only stereo out on all outputs using voodooHDA (no surround)

Thanks for this guide. It works for my computer

Mobo: Asrock Conroe945GZ-DVI

CPU: Celeron 420

However, I can only boot in 32 bit mode.

I need to put "arch=i386" in com.apple.boot.plist,

otherwise I will get kernel panic

Set in bios ATA/IDE Configuration as compatible and use this instead of IOATAFamily.kext. It was the only way that worked for me.

Set in bios ATA/IDE Configuration as compatible and use this instead of IOATAFamily.kext. It was the only way that worked for me.

it works but bizarrely i loose the sound i had with VoodooHDA! I have some more reading to do it seems will let people know if i manage to crack it

I have a P45XE with BIOS 1.60 unmodified and it runs 10.6.1 rock solid in 64-bit. only fakesmc and voodooHDA needed to have all working.

no DSDT.aml (actually more stable than with), no UUID messing around, vanilla CPUpowermanagement, the lot!

great motherboard actually and a bargain

No luck, still got kernel panic even in 32 bit mode.

What exactly do I need to set in bios?

go into Advanced - IDE/ATA configuration and its the first menu item

by default its set to Enhanced, you can also set it to compatibility

go into Advanced - IDE/ATA configuration and its the first menu item

by default its set to Enhanced, you can also set it to compatibility

Thanks, I can boot in 64 bit mode now.

However, I can't get native resolution and qe/ci.

I think GMA950 kext is 32 bit only.

I end up going back to 32 bit mode.

I can get GMA950 working with an EFI string are you useing that? x64 works fine for me bar the fact I loose sound from VoodooHDA so i have gone back to x32 while looking for a fix

cheers

I just made a topic with a fix on that. Working on an Asrock Conroe 1333 with x32 and afaik also x64

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187400

Just follow the short procedure and it may work on SATA, too (make a backup of ioatafamily first) :)

And we may have a fix for that, too :)

Try these two kext I linked here.

They should work together with a gma fixed dsdt.aml (maybe without, but if not, fix your dsdt)

Thanks for this! I have an older ASRock Conroe945G-DVI motherboard and was never able to install Leopard Retail on it, tried this method with Snow Leopard Retail and it worked first time using the onboard graphics (GMA950 in 32-bit mode).

Great job everyone!

I too have an Asrock Conroe945G-DVI and Nvidia 8800GT. Please can you post the files on your Extra folder and also what kext files you use to get your rig up and working. Thanks

I too have an Asrock Conroe945G-DVI and Nvidia 8800GT. Please can you post the files on your Extra folder and also what kext files you use to get your rig up and working. Thanks

I was only able to install and boot using the boot CD from blackosx (link in the 1st post in this thread). Couldn't get a bootloader to work, so no Extra folder or kexts apart from what is on the CD.

I've since bought a Gigabyte G31M-ES2L (rev 1) and GeForce 9400 GT and SL runs perfectly.