(SL) RT73 USB Wlan Stick

smnhtkmpr

8 posts in this topic

I successful installed Snow Leopard (Retail DVD) on my GA-P35-DS3 Board and everything works well, but WLAN does not. It`s an USB Wlan Stick with a Ralink RT73 chipset. The stick is shown in USB-Devices but not recognized by the network panel ...has anyone an idea how to fix that?

Simon

• 2 weeks later...
I successful installed Snow Leopard (Retail DVD) on my GA-P35-DS3 Board and everything works well, but WLAN does not. It`s an USB Wlan Stick with a Ralink RT73 chipset. The stick is shown in USB-Devices but not recognized by the network panel ...has anyone an idea how to fix that?

Simon

The only way i got this card to work properly like in 10.5.x versions, I booted with "-x32" flag. I found this out after busting my head several times. You could possibly add this flag if there is not an option of getting a new card (which i plan to do so i can get the airport enabled instead of a third party app.)

• 4 weeks later...
so what do i have to do? im now gonna start installirt snow. after tha what? just copy this kext or do i have to install something else too?

and weher is the place /E/E?

sykeck

Just place inside ur /Extra/Extensions folder

& run Kext Utility to rebuild the cache

ah okay. let me repeat.

1. i install snow leopard.

2. i install chameleon

3. then put this file into /snowleoparddisk/extras/extensions/#

4. i add in com.apple.bot.plist the arch=i386 commend to use 32bit mode

5. i reboot and then i plug in my usb wlan device?

right?

thx for your help :)

edit: lol i just saw i dont have rt73, i have rt71w. you now a solution for that? maybe install leopard driver and boot 32 bit will work?

:)

Thats correct

Regarding the rt71, sorry I dont have idea

I dont have them to try here -_-

Guess you on your own.. LoL