Snow Leopard & G31m-es2l Problems

djfoggin

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

This is only my second total vanilla install, have successfully installed vanilla upto 10.5.8 on this mobo.

Have tried Kdtech's boot disk for gigabyte boards - sorry didn't work for me

have followed dustintinsley guide in part and got it to work, but when it starts up for the 1st time after the movie, enter settings, migrate from 10.5.8 and then screen goes mad it cycles to the desktop background image that is used on my 10.5.8 install and then kernel panic.

Tried the macloader guide but using chameleon rc2 think its 640build, installed kexts into efi, patched the dsdt file withe the macloader utilities for patching it, placed it in the correct folder in the efi partition, modified the apple.com.boot.plist (not sure of correct name) to show my correct graphics mode efi strings etc and when i install i get to choose install location, it carries on for 5 minutes and reboots or kernel panics.

This is the tenth time of trying to install without success.

My mobo is gigabyte GA-G31m-es2l

4gb Memory

Graphics Gigabyte nVidia 9500GT 1GB graphics card with VGA/DVI/HDMI

500gb WDC Hard drive - sata

1Tb Seagate Hard Drive - Sata

LG DVD Burner -IDE

Pioneer Bluray Burner - Sata

Any help appreciated as now bald

p.s had to use 3 different keyboards and 2 mice to get installs to work (1 x ps2 Keyboard, 2 usb)

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Results seems very diverse for 10.6 on this board.

I have it, and have loads of trouble getting it to run.

I got my install running thanks to boot think on a usb stick, but I would rather use Chameleon, and that one just kernel panics instantly on boot, resetting the cmos.

Very frustrating as this board was so easy under 10.5. Didn't even need a dsdt.aml

Results seems very diverse for 10.6 on this board.

I have it, and have loads of trouble getting it to run.

I got my install running thanks to boot think on a usb stick, but I would rather use Chameleon, and that one just kernel panics instantly on boot, resetting the cmos.

Very frustrating as this board was so easy under 10.5. Didn't even need a dsdt.aml

hmm, i have no problem with this board, snow 10.6.1 (64bit) and leo 10.5.8 running perfect on this mobo!

patch your dsdt.aml (RTC length from 0x04 to 0x02) to fix the cmos reset and use this kexts for 64bit: http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/165429070/prepare-yourself

and at last, install chameleon rc3