[Guide] Dell Latitude D630/D830

Air

91 posts in this topic

For those of you with D630 and NVS 135m, do you guys notice that when you have many windows open (particularly multiple ones of MS Word, preview, and safari), expose's frame rate drops and it gets choppy and slow? I've tried NVKush, NVinject, and Natit, and my expose is still choppy. Apparently it happens on real macs too, but has anyone else besides me been noticing this on the D630? I'm not sure if this is an Apple thing or a we-need-a-new-kext thing.

First I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this topic. I've successfully installed Snow Leopard onto my D630.

Everything seems to be working except for sleep and shutdown. I get confused when I read the few parts about getting those features to work (I've read through this thread quite a few times now). Can someone point me in the right direction to get as least wake from sleep working?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...

I got everything working on a D630 with X3100.

But no sleeping.

Here's what I got:

It goes to sleep and then it wakes up again. Just one blink of an eye later... :rolleyes:

What could I got wrong?

------

I've done DSDT patched for X3100 to work with vanilla kexts and I used "native" sleep DSDT patch from this thread. Also I tried with current SleepEnabler.kext.

All with not luck.

It's SL 10.6.2 and btw after the "fast sleep" sound stop working. :D

Please please guys help me!

Hey guys...

I got everything working on a D630 with X3100.

But no sleeping.

Here's what I got:

It goes to sleep and then it wakes up again. Just one blink of an eye later... :thumbsdown_anim:

What could I got wrong?

------

I've done DSDT patched for X3100 to work with vanilla kexts and I used "native" sleep DSDT patch from this thread. Also I tried with current SleepEnabler.kext.

All with not luck.

It's SL 10.6.2 and btw after the "fast sleep" sound stop working. ;)

Please please guys help me!

No sleep with x64

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a completed DSDT with all the fixes and possibly also the C and P states for a D830 T7800 Processor. Thats the 2.6GHZ 65 Nanameter 4MB L2 cache. 4GB ram and Dell 1505 Wireless with the 140m Nvidia Graphics and the 9205 Audio as well as the BCM5755M Ethernet.

I know there are various DSDT floating around and I can do some Mods on my own but would like a good working DSDT that I can continue to mod.

Worste case scenario I can create one from scratch I suppose and review all the mods I need to do.

theStevo has a blog fir his DSDT but it is for a T9300 Processor so I suppose I can grab his and mod the processor section for mine?

Only Problem is I have no idea where its posted in the blog?

http://blog.thestevo.com/2009/09/my-dsdt-s...679124549948893

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a d630 with x3100 and resolution is 1440x900 but i've never managed to work the panel.. everything except that is working.. just the panel isn't working at all :P

any solutions?

my head about to explode... how didi you managed to work a 1440x900? which files you used can you provide me at least a link?

With help of teamviewer and switchresx a get this:

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

Displays:

SwitchResX4 - Unknown Monitor:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

EDIT: nevermind, i built my own DSDT and it fixed all my issues.. Thanks for every effort :P

• 2 months later...
i have a d630 with x3100 and resolution is 1440x900 but i've never managed to work the panel.. everything except that is working.. just the panel isn't working at all :rolleyes:

any solutions?

my head about to explode... how didi you managed to work a 1440x900? which files you used can you provide me at least a link?

With help of teamviewer and switchresx a get this:

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

Displays:

SwitchResX4 - Unknown Monitor:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

Display Connector:

EDIT: nevermind, i built my own DSDT and it fixed all my issues.. Thanks for every effort ;)

is that QE/CI works? care to share wit me...i'm using dell d630 also but no luck yet

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All

ok So I have a Dell 630 with Quadro NVS 135M. I was able to install and boot (retail snow leopard image) Chameleon RC3. The only problem is the graphics are lagging and slow. I tried NATIT and NVKUSH both result in the same issue. I can adjust the res fine but the overall performance is slow. It looks like I dont have QE/CI enabled. (in 10.6 there is no way to get that in profile.)

I tested removing NVKUSH and NATIT and using EFI gfx string and that did not work.

Anyone else having the same issue?

thanks

hi.my name is gopi iam using dell d630 nvidia quadro 135 frm 2 and half years ,after lots of research i find one prblm in graphic card ie.. it have 3 clocks when it will run in low clock u will get lagg and once it will go to higher clocks it will give good graphics ,recent nvidia drivers will solve this prblm in windows 7 ,but still this prblm is present in ubuntu 10.04 and iatkos v7 or v8,but in ubuntu we can manually increase the clock speed so we will not that problm,we need latest or new graphic drivers for iatkos in future for dell d630 {nvidia 135m} then this will solve.SO, MAIN PROBLEM IN THE GRAPHIC CARD DUE TO LOW CLOCK SPEED NOT IN THE CPU.byeee

hi.my name is gopi iam using dell d630 nvidia quadro 135 frm 2 and half years ,after lots of research i find one prblm in graphic card ie.. it have 3 clocks when it will run in low clock u will get lagg and once it will go to higher clocks it will give good graphics ,recent nvidia drivers will solve this prblm in windows 7 ,but still this prblm is present in ubuntu 10.04 and iatkos v7 or v8,but in ubuntu we can manually increase the clock speed so we will not that problm,we need latest or new graphic drivers for iatkos in future for dell d630 {nvidia 135m} then this will solve.SO, MAIN PROBLEM IN THE GRAPHIC CARD DUE TO LOW CLOCK SPEED NOT IN THE CPU.byeee

windows 7( nvidia195.62) is near perfect driver u will see less lag

for everyone with graphics lag problems, which is everyone with the d630, upgrade to 10.6.4! apple fixed their drivers so that now our expose and graphics in general are silky smooth. just remember to back up your 10.6.2 applehda and remove sleepenabler.

• 1 month later...
I have no shutdown issues. I simply fixed my dsdt.aml and that made powermanagement work without a hitch. I still do not have sleep, but then, I did not work on that - I probably need a kext or two.

Hoe did you fixed that power management in dsdt? Mine just will not shut down or restart.

Thank

Ed

I just upgraded my Dell D830 to 10.6.4 from 10.6.1 but found QE/CI on my NVidia Quadro NVS 140M was no longer working. I could choose resolutions and work with an external monitor fine though.

I proceeded to install from scratch to find out of the graphics would work without any extra efforts. To my surprise they did, but only when using Chameleon 2.0 RC4 (with GraphicsEnabler=yes). I was using grub before. I then copied the extensions dir from the new 10.6.4 installation to my old one which fixed QE/CI.

Here's a short procedure to get my usual configuration working if installed from scratch:

* Install 10.6.0 from the install CD to a new partition.

* Apply the 10.6.4 update

* Install chameleon and add GraphicsEnabler=yes to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

* Copy extensions to /Extra: AppleRTC.kext, Disabler.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, fakesmc.kext

* Delete the AppleHDA kext

This configuration is already enough to ensure a bootable system without kernel panics. I use these extra extensions:

* AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext: PS2 mouse/keyboard

* ApplePS2Controller.kext: PS2 mouse/keyboard

* AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext: Ethernet. Loading this extension will slow down a shutdown/reboot by about 20-30 seconds

* OSXRestart.kext: This allows the system to be rebooted, but only if voodoopower isn't loaded

* VoodooHDA.kext: Sound

* VoodooPower.kext: CPU throttling

I've just discovered an issue with PS/2. I found this in dmesg:

"ApplePS2Mouse: Unexpected data from PS/2 controller."

and the laptop keyboard and trackpad/nub stopped working. This wasn't happening in 10.6.1 so I'm wondering what's going on here. Any suggestions are welcome.

What isn't working:

* Sleep. I've tried the sleep kext but it's too unreliable so I don't use it.

* Wireless (see http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/pages/mercurysquad/130654692121)

* Shutdown.

* Reboot only works if voodoohda isn't loaded

What I haven't tried:

* hibernate

* modem

* PCMCIA

• 4 weeks later...

I have a D630 with an X3100 and an Alps trackpad. I have looked everywhere and tried dozens of guides to get touchpad scrolling to work and it just doesn't. With ffscroll, my touchpad is all over the place. It will scroll with one finger in the middle of the touch area, sometimes it doesn't respond at all, sometimes it is overly sensitive, so that doesn't seem like a good solution. I don't know what to do with VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. Doesn't seem to work at all in 32 bit and no matter what I try with it, I can't get scrolling to work.

I'm pulling my hair out over here, someone please help!

And WTF is with ± on the tilde key with VoodooPS2Controller.kext?????!!!!

AHHHHH!

• 9 months later...