Snow Leopard 10.6 on a GA-EP35-DS3L

mintee

11 posts in this topic

Forgive me if the answer is quite obvious, but I have literally spend 6+ hours looking for a kext what will work for the built in ALC888 on my GA-EP35-DS3L. I tried using the ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip, and it didn't work, I attempted to use the Voodoo 32-bit, but I'm running 10.6 64bit.

Any other clues what I should do? And could it be possible to install too many kext that would screw up the write one?

Other than that, everything works great with a NV 9800GTX, and dual monitor support. Great work!

Forgive me if the answer is quite obvious, but I have literally spend 6+ hours looking for a kext what will work for the built in ALC888 on my GA-EP35-DS3L. I tried using the ALC888Audio.mpkg.zip, and it didn't work, I attempted to use the Voodoo 32-bit, but I'm running 10.6 64bit.

Any other clues what I should do? And could it be possible to install too many kext that would screw up the write one?

Other than that, everything works great with a NV 9800GTX, and dual monitor support. Great work!

Let me know if this attachment works, it's always worked for me with 10.5.x

audio_drivers.zip

I have the same problem. No output or input is listed in system preferences, I used software update to get to 10.6.1. Everything works great except the sound. I'll give ROFLance's package a try. It seem i get error 35 with kext helper when trying to install kexts. That may be my problem...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a GA-EP35-DS3L machine with working sound in SL. I used blackosx's guide which entails DSDT patching plus LegacyHDA.kext in E/E of the Chameleon partition. Works very well. I even get sound through digital optical out (SPDIF). The only problem is that I can't seem to pass 5.1 sound over the optical line to my surround sound system. Other than that, sound works perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a GA-EP35-DS3L machine with working sound in SL. I used blackosx's guide which entails DSDT patching plus LegacyHDA.kext in E/E of the Chameleon partition. Works very well. I even get sound through digital optical out (SPDIF). The only problem is that I can't seem to pass 5.1 sound over the optical line to my surround sound system. Other than that, sound works perfectly.

Hey sneezy, is everything else working right including sleep and IDE drives ?

I may look like a newb but what exatly means LegacyHDA.kext in E/E of the Chameleon partition ?

Hey sneezy, is everything else working right including sleep and IDE drives ?

I don't use any IDE drives so I wouldn't know if there's a problem. Sleep isn't working for me right now. It's strange, I played with a few different DSDTs. One of the DSDTs I made had sleep working right but I swapped it out with another one and now it doesn't work. I haven't tinkered with this system for a while so I can't remember what settings I had in my DSDT for sleep to work properly. It doesn't bother me because I like all my computers awake anyway so I can quickly move files around on my network.

I may look like a newb but what exatly means LegacyHDA.kext in E/E of the Chameleon partition ?

The words "Chameleon partition" designate my bootloader partition–the partition with the Chameleon bootloader installed. On that partition there's a folder called "Extra" and inside Extra there's a folder called "Extensions". When you see people say "E/E" they typically intend to refer to that file structure. So, in this case I'm saying that a kext with the name "LegacyHDA.kext" is in the Extensions folder which is in the Extra folder on my bootloader partition. Hope that helps.