• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
lezztor

Installing Leopard 10.6 in VMWare

15 posts in this topic

Hi all - I'm a complete n00b to all of this, but I'm currently trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on a VMWare Workstation 6.5.3 - build 185404. I have a purchased copy of Leopard, and have set up the virtual machine (numerous times, in numerous ways). The problem occurs when I try to get VMWare to see the DVD as bootable. I realize that VMWare does not see HFS volumes, so I have made and ISO of the DVD and mounted it with both Virtual Clone Drive and D-Tools Lite (at different times ..). Anyways, after booting the Virtual machine, it still refuses to see the "Mac OS X Install DVD" portion of the DVD. It only sees the "Windows Support" portion. Do I need to install some files from the Windows side first for VMWare to finally boot it?

Thanks for any assistance!

Hi all - I'm a complete n00b to all of this, but I'm currently trying to install Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on a VMWare Workstation 6.5.3 - build 185404. I have a purchased copy of Leopard, and have set up the virtual machine (numerous times, in numerous ways). The problem occurs when I try to get VMWare to see the DVD as bootable. I realize that VMWare does not see HFS volumes, so I have made and ISO of the DVD and mounted it with both Virtual Clone Drive and D-Tools Lite (at different times ..). Anyways, after booting the Virtual machine, it still refuses to see the "Mac OS X Install DVD" portion of the DVD. It only sees the "Windows Support" portion. Do I need to install some files from the Windows side first for VMWare to finally boot it?

Thanks for any assistance!

2 posts down!

I followed the guide, and now VMWare says darwin10 not supported when attempting to power on ..

EDIT - I'm assuming I can't since I'm running Workstation ..

I followed the guide, and now VMWare says darwin10 not supported when attempting to power on ..

EDIT - I'm assuming I can't since I'm running Workstation ..

read the last two pages of said thread

Probably a dumb question but what about AMD Turion X2 64? I know Mac OS usaully doesnt work on AMD stuff, but how about this? My CPU supports VT-x.

I get the same dump when trying to install Snow Leopard on VMWare Workstation 6.5. Can't seem to find anything else on it. Has anyone come to a resolution yet?

It doesn't work and I currently have no workaround. It will in the future but not for now.

It doesn't work and I currently have no workaround. It will in the future but not for now.

Anything different for workstation 7?

Any guesses as to when one can expect SL to work with VMWare?

I saw two guides for Virtualizing Snow Leopard : How to Install Snow Leopard [VMWare] and Install Snow Leopard on VirtualBox Unfortunately, both need Hardware virtualization. I have an older Core duo processor, is there a way out?

Help anyone!

Please find below the link to the topic mentioned by thdanh90

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1288448

As stated this topic deals with running OS X on a VM machine where the CPU does not have hardware virtualisation.