New MacBookPro series?

37 posts in this topic

They cannot replace the processor, just the whole logic-board. Maybe, now new lb´s are out. Or you are just one of those lucky ones, that have a MBP without problems.

Anyway, have fun with it now :dev:

Merom and Conroe Samples reviewed!

Read here: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/06/04/pr...tel_core_2_duo/

On a side note, 'Merom', Intel's notebook-oriented Core 2 Duo, was also demo'd, though we weren't allowed to do any testing. Intel claims Merom delivers up to 25 per cent more performance while maintaining the same power efficiency as the current Core Duo platform.

:blink:

And what is embarrassing:

But for those not satisfied with a dual-core processor, there was a final treat: 'Kentsfield'. Although for some bizarre reason this quad-core processor was only used to host the PowerPoint slides we where shown. Talk about waste of CPU power...

;)

I recently had my MBP logic board replaced too due to some boot problems and its basically now a completely different computer. I'm yet to hear the whine and the heat reduction is fairly amazing. I'm using it as i speak, its been turned on for around 2 hours and the bottom of the mbp is about a quarter of the temperature that it used to be

Hmm, i'm thinking about getting the MBP to repair because of the whine. It's manufactured on 20th of may or so with serial number W86202--- but the apple guy said to me that they have to send it to berlin and it will take some time (whithout notebook!!). Former i heard that the people who send it away geo it back without changes of the whine and heat issues.

If someone who sent it to repair got it back without whining and terrible heat (like Derphead or non sequitur) please post your experience.

I sent mine in for inverter replacement, and also mentioned the heat and whine during the call. I sent mine away and got it back within a week. Whine was gone and the heat seemed to have improved slightly. The SMC firmware further reduced the heat and the whining hasn't returned.