Ultimate guide For Updating from 10.5.2 to 10.5.7 Easily

0mar32

40 posts in this topic

Thanks very much for the guide.

I just bingo'd out on 10.5.4 -> 10.5.5. In step three, I must have gotten the command wrong. During the install of the delta, it spat out permission denied errors. Finally, it froze.

Now the machine is stuck in a restart loop that includes the grey screen with the apple logo and that you must restart now in a zillion languages screen.

I ran a -v and it barfs a panic due to 'the CPU(s) not being configured correctly.' It specifically mentions the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement as being the source of the error.

Any ideas appreciated.

Same problem here.

I'm going to try to start all over again with a fresh Kalyway 10.5.2 and skip the PowerManagement step completely. I never really use sleep mode anyway.

I'll let you all know how it goes but in the meantime, if anybody can help... please do so...

Nope, that sure didn't help at all!

I'll now give up on Kalyway alltogether and try to install ToH and update from that since it's a newer release.

I was also unable to get a solution, so I'm going to attempt with the iPC os x. Sad. The Kalyway version served me well until the iPhone SDK started requiring such a recent version of the OS.

This is totally working, because I was closer to buying a mac this time than ever. It is only a matter of time!

• 2 weeks later...
I was also unable to get a solution, so I'm going to attempt with the iPC os x. Sad. The Kalyway version served me well until the iPhone SDK started requiring such a recent version of the OS.

This is totally working, because I was closer to buying a mac this time than ever. It is only a matter of time!

Just in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I downloaded and booted off the IPC osx 10.5.6 bootable os. It returned my system to a working state without losing any data. I'm also running 10.5.6 now.

So you can salvage a messed up kalyway install using the ipc 10.5.6 disc. :) I did not have to set up any options at all. Unfort, still no sound, I don't think and also no wireless on the ASUS P4C800-E.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi. I succesfully updated Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 by this guide, but on update 10.5.5->10.5.6 I had problem with this step 10.5.5 -> 10.5.6

9- Search for "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext" and rename to "dsmos.kext" if you can't find it, it's O.K. I didn't find it too, if you don't find it like me then proceed to Step 11.

I restarted with update key at the darwin promt and I had a grey screen with apple during an hour. What i did wrong?

My hardware is dell 700m (1.7 Pentium M).

Appreciate for help.

VOODOO :D

Keyboard and Mouse problems solved

here

For some reaons it won't let me post the link to the chameleon site where it originates from so ive reuploaded it to my ftp :s

also installing the natit.pkg for the newer radeon cards fixed my screen problems. :D

now to play musical chairs with my partitions haha. My old linux partition has left my windows install with an unpleasant surprise of not being able to access my second HDD lol. Stupid GPT protection :)

the keyboard worked for me but why not the track pad

now i have upgraded to 10.5.8

Here boot stops.

well it seems that you haven't updated your kernel because I see from the pic that you're still on 9.2.0 kernel so if you have access to another OS you might wanna download the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel and place in the root of your Mac partition and try to boot using it

the keyboard worked for me but why not the track pad

now i have upgraded to 10.5.8

try searching for a kext for track pads

Thanks for this great post!

I followed it, and everything worked perfect except the last step.

After I upgraded kernel, I can no longer boot normally. I have to type "vanillakernel" in order to boot. I have to mention than when I upgraded kernel, in OSX tools it was saying that my kernel version was 9.7.0 (If I remember correctly) and now the detected kernel version is 9.2.2.

Am I missing something? (I'm totally newbie!)

Maybe in your com.apple.boot.plist the boot flag is typed to boot from the 9.2.2 kernel in the root of your Mac drive(don't search for it as it is hidden) so what you have to do is get the Vanilla 9.7.0 Kernel and put it in the root of your mac partition and rename it to mach_kernel

well it seems that you haven't updated your kernel because I see from the pic that you're still on 9.2.0 kernel so if you have access to another OS you might wanna download the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel and place in the root of your Mac partition and try to boot using it

After installation the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel on kalyway 10.5.2, I successfully updated OSX86 by iDenebComboUpdate 10.5.8!

Thx, 0mar32!

• 7 months later...