My new litte i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz

badaxe2

7 posts in this topic

Hey looks great! Ultimately I'm wondering i7 hacks bench vs the 2009 Mac Pro.

I am building similar system but can't figure out how to enable all cores + HT...

I get panics with AppleIntelCPUPowerManager.kext when enabling. I tried to remove that kext but then booting just hung somewhere else.

Any insights? Running 10.5.7 vanilla combo updated from iPC 10.5.6 voodoo plus Chameleon 1.0.

Hey looks great! Ultimately I'm wondering i7 hacks bench vs the 2009 Mac Pro.

I am building similar system but can't figure out how to enable all cores + HT...

I get panics with AppleIntelCPUPowerManager.kext when enabling. I tried to remove that kext but then booting just hung somewhere else.

Any insights? Running 10.5.7 vanilla combo updated from iPC 10.5.6 voodoo plus Chameleon 1.0.

Check out my posts im gonna wright a little tutorial

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a similar system, though I haven't overclocked just yet. I was wondering if you can tell me what type of idle and load temperatures you are seeing. Also if you recall what your idle and load temperatures were at stock settings, then that would be helpful as well.

I currently run in a Lian-Li PC-B10 with 2 120mm fans, 1 140mm fan, and one 1 120mm fan attached to thermalright true black 120. At completely stock settings, I see an idle temperature of about 40C and load temperatures near 63C.

I was hoping to overclock my D0 to 3.8GHz assuming the temperatures would allow it.

Thanks for your time.