Dell 1390/1490 or Atheros AR5BXB6 from a real mac?

cyber_tods

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a wireless card for my laptop. I'm down to 3 wireless cards and I need your opinion.

What can you say about the Atheros AR5BXB6 that was pulled out from a real mac? Will it work with my Sony laptop that has Leopard 10.5.6? Will it also work with Windows XP/Vista/7 or Linux? Can it login to WPA/WPA2 encryption?

I know that the Dells already work but I just want to be sure that it can connect to WPA/WPA2 encryption.

What do you think I should pick?

Thank you.

EDIT: I also found out that there is a version of AR5BXB6 that came from IBM and Toshiba laptops. Is that more compatible in hackintosh that the one from a real mac?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a wireless card for my laptop. I'm down to 3 wireless cards and I need your opinion.

What can you say about the Atheros AR5BXB6 that was pulled out from a real mac? Will it work with my Sony laptop that has Leopard 10.5.6? Will it also work with Windows XP/Vista/7 or Linux? Can it login to WPA/WPA2 encryption?

I know that the Dells already work but I just want to be sure that it can connect to WPA/WPA2 encryption.

Thank you.

EDIT: I also found out that there is a version of AR5BXB6 that came from IBM and Toshiba laptops. Is that more compatible in hackintosh that the one from a real mac?

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

Thank you.

Sorry, but i wanted to brush the dust off this post because i just bought the AR5BXB6 and i'm waiting for it to turn up...

And why would a card from a regular laptop be more compatible than one from a real mac....? ^_^

And did you buy this card?

Thanks,

Spike