How install MacOSX on GA-ma790xt-ud4p

hk93

42 posts in this topic

Uh, oke... I don't have this problem... I've iPC and what happens is that OS installer won't "see" any of my HDD... I've read somewhere that I have to plug it into the 1st SATA port... I shall give it a try later.

Hope you'll be able to try to directly install SL.

have you tried turning on AHCI mode on your drive ports in BIOS? and are you sure your drives are plugged in to the SATA and not G-SATA? I wasted alot of time with my G-SATA/SATA mess.

have you tried turning on AHCI mode on your drive ports in BIOS? and are you sure your drives are plugged in to the SATA and not G-SATA? I wasted alot of time with my G-SATA/SATA mess.

I got it to install... but it never booted... all it did was stay in a green screen with Apple logo in there...

I got it to install... but it never booted... all it did was stay in a green screen with Apple logo in there...

try booting with -v to see where it freezes. always boot with -v to see whats going on. also try -x for safemode and cpus=1 to limit the number of cpus. you may be having a kernel panic or something small but you need to be able to check. if it pauses. wait, walk away, smoke a joint, relax. Give it time.

Sweet!

I'm thinking of buying this motherboard-- I have the x4 black phenom, just no mobo!

been trying to find someone that has gotten it to work and looks like you did, so I may order it from newegg today!

but before I do-- couple of questions:

1- What is NOT working?

2- Most of what I care about is

a- all 4 cpus

b- all SATA ports functional

c- sound-- 2 channel is fine

d- graphics acceleration-- want to do dual monitors- what vid card are u using and have you tested dual monitors?

e- gigabit ethernet

f- i'd prefer SL, but can live with leo if necessary

I think that's about it.. if you know of another *current* motherboard that works better/easier, let me know, otherwise I will order this bad boy once I get your blessing :D

thanks for your writeup!!!!!!! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to make my 2nd hackintosh (got a dualcore 3ghz e5200 running like a champ)

• 2 months later...

Hello...

Great guide!. i got everything working even my ati HD 4890 sound and everything.

BUT, when i try to launch a movie video clip ect, the program im using fails.

This happens if i uses VLC, QUICKTIME, iTUNES, DIVX, so I dont thing it's the programs.

Any suggestion on why this is happing?

THX

• 5 weeks later...
Hello...

Great guide!. i got everything working even my ati HD 4890 sound and everything.

BUT, when i try to launch a movie video clip ect, the program im using fails.

This happens if i uses VLC, QUICKTIME, iTUNES, DIVX, so I dont thing it's the programs.

Any suggestion on why this is happing?

THX

Try using Marvin's AMD patcher on the quicktime components folder (location escapes me).

I'm in the process of finishing a Snow Leopard installation on the very same computer I used and will update this post with everything I have gathered (only reason I checked this thread, sorry for late reply)

What OS version are you running and what are your specs?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in the process of finishing a Snow Leopard installation on the very same computer I used and will update this post with everything I have gathered (only reason I checked this thread, sorry for late reply)

Hey that would be great if you could do that! I was looking for that this exact thing!

Hi

i have the same problem it keeps telling me "still waiting for root device"

I dont however have the same mobo i have an

ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

would you mind telling me how you disabled your IDE and SATA controllers on your motherboard? i think i can figure out how to swap my SATA hard drive to port 1.

Also im installing with the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 (Final)

so if you know of any bugs id apreciate the headsup

Thanks

William Henry

Hi

i have the same problem it keeps telling me "still waiting for root device"

I dont however have the same mobo i have an

ASUS M2A-VM HDMI

would you mind telling me how you disabled your IDE and SATA controllers on your motherboard? i think i can figure out how to swap my SATA hard drive to port 1.

Also im installing with the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 (Final)

so if you know of any bugs id apreciate the headsup

Thanks

William Henry

Ok i got it booted and installed the drivers but now its stuck on the green apple screen?

and also does my SATA ports have to be on APCI controller cos my deulboot wont boot windows in that setting then i hafto change it everytime i swap?

right now i just need to get past that green screen it freezes completely when the voodoo AMD driver says all rights reserved.

I kinda need those voodoo drivers because its the only thing supporting AMD

• 5 weeks later...

I didn't know about cakewalk but it managed to get the atikos 7 CD to start loading, but it hangs with the apple logo and strangely if I move my mouse or keyboard the spining wheel starts to spin again. Left it for an hour, it's obviously in some hardware detection loop.

I'm trying to get my hands on ideneb to follow your instructions more closely, but happy I'm moving forward. This was so easy with my last Intel build, I'm kicking myself that I saved a few dollars now..

• 2 weeks later...

For those wanting to install SL on this mobo: I'm currently still working on getting sound to work, but I have successfully installed SL using a retail dvd restored to an 8gig USB drive and patched with myHack (google it, will come up). Sound is the only thing im having ALOT of trouble with. I thought it would be as easy as installing a kext but it involves patching DSDT and editing vanilla appleHDA kext. I havent really touched it much over the summer, but now since I'm going to need it for school I will be trying to get that up and running.

As for the person that suggested iDeneb 1.3, that isnt snowleopard but if you're willing to settle for Leopard, iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) worked fine for me. Just scroll up and find the youtube vid I posted.

I'm kicking myself that I saved a few dollars now..

Same. I've even contemplated changing to a more compatible mobo. We'll see how my next attempts turn out.

• 1 month later...

! BY FÜCK I'VE DONE IT! 10.6.3 on this forsaken mobo with sound.!

Here's the process I took:

As stated above I used retail 10.6.3 restored to an 8gig usb drive, installed myhack 1.1 on the drive, I then added the modbin kernel to the usb drive as mach_kernel.modbin. Once booted from usb (using modbin kernel) I then had to manually install the modbin kernel on the installation drive. I did this using transmac on my windows partition. After booting using "mach_kernel.modbin maxmem=4096 -v" if you have less than 4 gigs of memory, you might not need the maxmem flag. I'm using it temporarily untill I get 64bit working to fully utilizy my 8 gigs

I deleted all HDA related kexts (appleHDA,LegacyHDA & HDAenabler) and installed THIS specific voodoo kext (http://www.kexts.com/view/423-voodoohda.html) and I added the flags:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>idlehalt=0</string>

to my com.apple.boot.plist. this prevented audio shuddering.

So far sound works fine, no lagg in furry screen saver (so thats good)

Right now I'm installing Counter-Strike: Source and will update when its done. I will also be installing final cut studio 3 and CS5 and working with HD footage in both, so I'll let yall know about that once I get to it.

For the googlers: ga-ma790x-ud4p 10.6.3 sound kext phenom 955 BE

I didn't know about cakewalk but it managed to get the atikos 7 CD to start loading, but it hangs with the apple logo and strangely if I move my mouse or keyboard the spining wheel starts to spin again. Left it for an hour, it's obviously in some hardware detection loop.

I'm trying to get my hands on ideneb to follow your instructions more closely, but happy I'm moving forward. This was so easy with my last Intel build, I'm kicking myself that I saved a few dollars now..

Problem number 1 is that you don't boot with -v. Always boot with atleast -v to see where and why your install freezes. The only time you should ever see apples gray boot logo (I'm assuming that's what you mean by hangs with the apple logo) is when you're on an actual mac. Try again using the -v flag to see where it freezes. Leave it for a while, see if it goes past that, or gives an error like "still waiting for root device" or some sort of read disk error.

Here are some Issues I'm having right now:

Cannot boot in to 64 bit, cannot install aftereffectsCS5 (64 bit only), Counter-Strike source isn't launching. Final cut studio 3 installs and runs fine, after I patched the quicklime component folder as described in an earlier post above.

I'm going to research this 64bit issue and experiment with other kernels (using modbin right now). Will get back.

• 3 months later...

Update:

Here's a thread on kext.com I started and got a reply from.

http://www.kexts.com/motherboard-cpu/5277-...a790x-ud4p.html

This person has successfully installed/updated to 10.6.6 on this mobo and has 64 bit running on legacy 10.6 kernel. This is farther than I've gotten.

he has also posted a patched DSDT in the kexts.com download section:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=796

I have since reinstalled 10.5.6 since I needed a stable reliable install before my school semester started for final cut pro. I knew it worked before, so I stuck with it. I will be trying out what he suggests when I can, or even on a separate hard drive. If I can get 64 bit working then I'll be able to boot without maxmem=4096 and install After effects CS5. I will be posting updates from the kexts thread in this thread along with anything I happen to figure out along the way.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I'm going to try and use the same motherboard and same class of processor with a different graphics card.

Please keep this post updated as to your results too, I'd love to read about it.

If I can manage anything with my install, I'll post my findings here.