Mac OSX on Acer Aspire Timeline 4810TZ

acerboy

111 posts in this topic

Hi cps.style90,

I've tried to install 10.6 as retail-installation, but it gives me kernel-panics earlier or later, whatever I try (patching before installation, bootloader, ...).

As to my mind everything important works with 10.5.8, I think I will stay with it. :)

Yours,

Ben

i have installed ideneb 10.5.6, try to update to 10.5.7, failed.

installed 10.5.8 ideneb lite edition failed. so i stick with 10.5.6.

but i wish there are some .kext for 4500mhd to get quartz extreme. i cannot play vlc, only sound but the video is not play.

Hi Ekimmu.

I use vodoops2trackpad for touchpad.

There are two possibilities for wlan. You can either exchange the half-sized card with one natively recognized (then use it with built in antenna), which then has to be half-sized, too, or use the second slot, which is empty if you don't have a machine with 3g-functionality. This slot takes normal-sized cards! In that case you have to assemble new antenna and put them somewhere under the motherboard. That's what I did (mainly because I wasn't able to disassemble one of the screws from the built-in card :)).

Yours,

Ben

it's good, but.. not for me =)

i like and i need intel 5150, because it worked by wifi and wimax, i use wimax =) and it's my general internet chanel (Yota, Scartel).

russian models of 3x10 have not 3g modems, and it sucks.. ping~200-300 + unreal tarifs.. =)

that's way i'm thinking=)

Well, I'm not into the whole wimax-thing, but getting that to work under OSX with it's full functionality should be a pain (to avoid the unpleasant word imposssible :)).

I think you'll have to give that up, but maybe you'll be lucky !? ;)

Yours,

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone used empire efi boot cd to install sl? I have one little issue to figure out. If i boot with the empire cd to use it to boot the hdd install my usb ports and camera work. But if I use the hdd boot loader I loose my usb ports except if a keyboard or mouse is plugged in to them.

Things I have working in sl on Timeline 5810t

wifi (replaced mine with dell card)

4500mhd used a x3100 hacked kext have native res and ql

touchpad and keyboard (have two finger scroll)

sound

all usb ports & crystal eye camera works if boot with empire boot cd

Things I have not tried or don't work?

lan

hdmi

vga

mic

headphones

card reader

Very interesting! I like the fact that you have 2 finger scroll. :-) I don't have that. How did you get it? I am running iATKOS 10.5.7 on a 4810TZ-4508. The things I have working are as follows:

USB's

Card Reader

Keyboard and Trackpad (Tap twice for double click)

Sound

Mic

Headphones

Camera

GMAX3100 Fix for 4500 native res (VLC sound only)

Things I haven't tested

HDMI

Thing that don't work YET!

LAN

WiFi

For some reason I was not able to get the USB's to work with other Distros and I just tried the 10.6.2 release from Hazard. I got it to install but was unable to get the USB's to work. Oh but if you were wondering it is nice and fast. But not that much faster than 10.5.7. :-)

Well if you can give me the secret to two finger scrolling that would be great. Thanks

E

Here are the kext's that I have collected on that I am using on sl. I still have not figured out the usb(Im a noob on osx) If I use the empire efi disk for a bootloader all ports and camera works perfect but if I just boot from the HDD then they don't Im sure its some simple kernel flag but I don't know much about sl. on another forum they told me to use fixusb=y flag but it didn't work. I'm sure some sl guru could figure this out because its easy to replicate.

here is what I used for sl retail cd vanilla install w/empire efi disk. I just installed these after install. I have a 5810t

timeline kext

Hopefully a guru with a timeline can try this and figure out the usb trick and we will have a really nice hackintosh setup on sl

I started here but there is a lot replies, i cant find anything, pleassssssssseeee

i have acer 4810tg

cpu : intel core 2 sulo 1.40 3mb cache

vga : ati hd4330 512mb

Please tell me

How do I install Mac OS X on this laptop? 

For example, tell me

Which hackintosh version should be to install , (like iATKOS , Ideneb, iPC, .....?) 

Which patches should be choose ? (Customize Patches !)

sorry for my bad English lang.

Does anyone installs mac os x on acer timeline models?

acer 4810tg like?

which version? how?

plz tell me

Guys, just a quick update I have fixed my usb problem :( I d/l lizard and selected usb fix rebooted it worked just like the EFi disk. I even updated to sl 10.6.2!

updated list

Timeline 5810t SL retail disk installed w/efi then updated online to 10.6.2

what works

USB all ports

Sd card reader (native driver worked after usb fix)

web camera (native driver worked after usb fix)

keyboard/touchpad w/multi touch (installed kext after install)

4500mhd installed x3100 hacked kext w/gl running at native res

vga port works extended desktop upto 1080p res

audio internal spk&mic/headphone jack/ (installed kext after install)

wifi replaced w/dell 1500 (works native)

internal dvdrom (even burned dvd)

power management (installed voodoobattery monitor) Displays battery time & % but sleep locks up laptop but I think its because of no video support)

Bluetooth (added a internal BT module from ebay, the acer hot keys even turns it on and off,used native driver)

what dosen't work or untested

hdmi (can not get to switch)

internal lan no kext support yet

Overall everything works very good for my first time ever to hackintosh

can anyone help me. i own timeline 4810TG with ati hd 4330 and my resolution only at 1024x768. so how can make my resolution back at 1338x768

Hello, I'm pretty interested in this laptop, and I came across a guy who reported some kind of success with its graphics card:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...586&st=260#

The text is not very clear, but if you read the signature, it says "Full QE+CI Support with Graphics Enabler"

EDIT: This is the tutorial he/she followed:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1331403

• 1 month later...

I have iDoneb 10.5.8 works well on my acer 4810TZ-4129. The only problem is to get the WLAN works. Anyone found a solution besides replacing it?

Will that work if I upgrade to latest version of SL? If so how?? Because I can't find anything released from iDoneb yet.

Please advise... Thanks!!

I have Hazard 10.6.2 running on my 4810TZ. Only thing does not work is "Sleep". Can any one give me an advise how to get it patched?

It freezes my laptop every time it goes in to sleep mode. I hear it spins down the hard disk though but noting else. So then I have to do a hard shutdown and then restart the laptop.

Anyone...... please help.

I have Hazard 10.6.2 running on my 4810TZ. Only thing does not work is "Sleep". Can any one give me an advise how to get it patched?

It freezes my laptop every time it goes in to sleep mode. I hear it spins down the hard disk though but noting else. So then I have to do a hard shutdown and then restart the laptop.

Anyone...... please help.

Hi,

Could you please list what setting you chose before the actual installation?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

after trying install snow leopard 10.6 using retail version, i cannot get the installation correct.

then i download hazard 10.6.1-10.6.2 and after trying plenty of time, i finally get the installation for snow leopard 10.6.2.

usb fix by using lizard application and select usb fix (thanks a lot to skew ;))

except lan and wireless, everything is okay.

kernel panic happen before i can install perfectly snow leopard

it is regarding "kernel_task" - AppleTYMCEDriver.kext" all you have to do is delete the kext during boot with "-x -s"

after trying install snow leopard 10.6 using retail version, i cannot get the installation correct.

then i download hazard 10.6.1-10.6.2 and after trying plenty of time, i finally get the installation for snow leopard 10.6.2.

usb fix by using lizard application and select usb fix (thanks a lot to skew :) )

except lan and wireless, everything is okay.

kernel panic happen before i can install perfectly snow leopard

it is regarding "kernel_task" - AppleTYMCEDriver.kext" all you have to do is delete the kext during boot with "-x -s"

I have a Acer Timeline 5810TZ and I used your method to get it up and running. It works fine.

Trouble is no USB functions.

I acquired Lizard, but can't see where or how to activate the "USB fix!"

I have a Acer Timeline 5810TZ and I used your method to get it up and running. It works fine.

Trouble is no USB functions.

I acquired Lizard, but can't see where or how to activate the "USB fix!"

When you open the lizard - Choose Boot Option

There are tabs like "Basics" / "Options" / "custom Paths" / etc

Choose Options, there are "USBBusfix" - tick it.

screenshot20100423at123.png

When you open the lizard - Choose Boot Option

There are tabs like "Basics" / "Options" / "custom Paths" / etc

Choose Options, there are "USBBusfix" - tick it.

screenshot20100423at123.png

Thanks.

I'm a bit new to this.

Forgve me for asking, but how exactly does this work and am I supposed to make a boot disk to get this to work all the time?

I'm pretty certain my installation isn't as clean as it could be.

Messing around with things I managed accidentally to disable my Windows 7 OEM installation, which shows up now as a drive in the OSX 10.6 bootloader CD I'm forced to use (which is "cdbootSL.iso" ). If I try to load the original OEM Windows partition it reports that components are missing.

I installed another version of Windows (what I'm using to type this) which is accessible via the bootloader.

When I select the SL drive to boot from it works but reports errors about hibernation file times in seconds, it recommends a particular setting ("Use ForceWake=y to override"), reports there were other errors and then boots.

SL works, but it won't see any USB devices apart from the USB mouse (I used 10.6.2-IOUSBFamilyInstaller.pkg) to get the USB mouse to work.

The Lizard USB fix is probably better. An "idiot's guide" explanation of how to use it would be nice.

I've tried to install Chameleon RC4 installer pkg to my Sl partition, but, if I take the "3rr0ists" boot CD out and try to boot I get:

Testing

Testing

Testing

Error

Even with it in before anything boots up I get:

EBIOS read error: Error 0x04

Block 0x534c Sectors 0

Block 0x534c Sectors 0

Block 0x534c Sectors 0

Block 0x534c Sectors 0

..before it boots into a modified version of Chameleon RC3.

I'd like to be able to access the Chameleon RC4 bootloader GUI without inserting a boot CD, but have no idea how to set this up.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Edit: In the meantime I'm going to try again using Skew's method. It didn't work the first time, but I'll mess around with a few things to see if I can get it to work. If not, I'll go the Hazard 10.6.2. route again and see if I can change something to to get it to work more smoothly.

Hi All

I have an Acer aspire 1810TZ, i have installed SL10.6.3 on a external USB HDD.

what works:

Sound (voodohda.kext)

Battery approx 4-5 hours mainly due to the brightnes being at max.

GFX no QE using modded X3100 kexts

two finger scrolling

fn F6 toggles backlight on/off.

What does not work:

WIFI (intel 3100)

Ethernet Atheros

Brightness control

Sleep crashes

very stuck at the moment. not very usefull without wifi and GFX (QE), i looked at replacing the wifi card but that is 1/2 lenght PCI-E, so can't replace with one from Ebay.

may be i have missed something here, Logna707 when you say you have your working what do you mean, thanks.

i will carry on, not giving up yet, will look at the Lizard option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

noob alert!

okay i have an Acer Aspire 5810tz and i've been trying to get Mac OS X Leopard (or Snow Leopard) running on it. I have heard of some people that have got it running. I'm completly new at insanelymac.com so if this is wrong to ask excuse me and feel free to let me know but can anyone tell me how to get my computer to work with Mac? I'm seriously tired of Windows 7 and can't really afford just buying a new Mac PC :)

noob alert!

okay i have an Acer Aspire 5810tz and i've been trying to get Mac OS X Leopard (or Snow Leopard) running on it. I have heard of some people that have got it running. I'm completly new at insanelymac.com so if this is wrong to ask excuse me and feel free to let me know but can anyone tell me how to get my computer to work with Mac? I'm seriously tired of Windows 7 and can't really afford just buying a new Mac PC :)

I got your PM.

Really, it is in my opinion not really worth the effort.

Snow Leopard is Apple's answer to Windows Vista.

You'd be better off IMO using OSX 1.5.x (Iaktos 1.7 or Ideneb).

But, still if you want to get Snow Leopard up and running on your 5810tz, then you should download either Empire EFI or something similar; use it to boot your machine; when you get its Chameleon loader (the screen with the tacky image of Darth Vader), put in your version of Snow Leopard (I used Hazard's distro), press F5 and when the disk shows up in the list of icons, right click on it and select which boot technique you want.

Once in you can use the set up disk to partition etc., using Disk Manager from the menu bar. Set up should work without any issues, but when you come back in you might find your mouse doesn't work, along with your USB ports.

If you get a Kernel Panic, it might be related to this kext:

AppleTYMCEDriver.kext

To remove it you need to boot in safe mode (using right click to get the different boot techniques).

To remove it you must type:

mount -uw /

rm -rf / System/Library/Extensions/ AppleTYMCEDriver.kext

exit

Now the thing will install and work after restart without a kernel panic.

For the USB problem you can either download 10.6.2-IOUSBFamilyInstaller.pkg and use that, or download the Lizard utility and from it select options to fix your USB ports.

Once you've got that working you'll need to get around to the graphics, as it will be stuck at 1024x720. I didn't get round to fixing that as I realized Snow Leopard is kind of slow and isn't much of an upgrade from Leopard.

Since then I haven't bothered with it.

Windows 7 64bit is far superior.

Hope this helps.

Been working on this for awhile. Hope it helps.

Acer_Timeline_4810TZ_4696_OSX_Install.pdf

I've been watching this forum since it's inception. Do you find this stable enough for day to day use? How about battery life/power management? I wanna throw this on my Timeline right now, but don't want to end up regretting it and having to reinstall Windows 7. Also, are you posting updates to your findings somewhere else on this forum, or just this thread? Thanks for the hard work! I wish I was able to do what you're doing! Thanks again!

-Mike

I've been watching this forum since it's inception. Do you find this stable enough for day to day use? How about battery life/power management? I wanna throw this on my Timeline right now, but don't want to end up regretting it and having to reinstall Windows 7. Also, are you posting updates to your findings somewhere else on this forum, or just this thread? Thanks for the hard work! I wish I was able to do what you're doing! Thanks again!

-Mike

Yes, it is stable enough for daily use, as long as you don't need accelerated video. The fan is constantly on and the CPU runs about 115 F on average. Not sure if there is some other tweak to fix that. No updates yet. I am watching the GMA 4500 thread to see if there is any hope of getting CI/QE, but it is looking less and less likely. I actually reinstalled Win 7 and will eventually figure out how to dual boot.

Yes, it is stable enough for daily use, as long as you don't need accelerated video. The fan is constantly on and the CPU runs about 115 F on average. Not sure if there is some other tweak to fix that. No updates yet. I am watching the GMA 4500 thread to see if there is any hope of getting CI/QE, but it is looking less and less likely. I actually reinstalled Win 7 and will eventually figure out how to dual boot.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll hold off a bit and see how this pans out. Thanks again.