Newsgroup reader for OSX?

8 posts in this topic

I've been disappointed by superNZB and Unison.

Can anyone recommend a good news group reader for OSX 10.5.6 that can handle multiple servers and NZB files?

So far I see no reason to keep using MS except for newgroup use.

I've been disappointed by superNZB and Unison.

Can anyone recommend a good news group reader for OSX 10.5.6 that can handle multiple servers and NZB files?

So far I see no reason to keep using MS except for newgroup use.

sabnzbd!!!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Unison by panic. Its probably the best NZB downloader. Also if you go to newzleech.com and search it gives you the chance to download NZB and then fire them straight up in unison and it will download (providing you have a usenet accout like giganews)

Unison by panic. Its probably the best NZB downloader. Also if you go to newzleech.com and search it gives you the chance to download NZB and then fire them straight up in unison and it will download (providing you have a usenet accout like giganews)

I couldnt get nzbplayer working great in emulators, so go to windoze for that instant tv show gratification.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

binbot is the closest thing that i've found even CLOSE to newsleecher on osx.

it's strictly for downloading binaries, and has a nzb association. It gives you full control over which articles to download and has all the good options that newsleecher has. It also allows me to use the full bandwidth that I have available, all of the other programs never seemed to get over 700KB/s.

It has a free 30 day trial, cant hurt to try it out!