4890 and 4870 X2

davewolfs

91 posts in this topic

I would advise you to do the file copy stuff using terminal.

Set the permissions correctly and try again.

Example for permission changes:

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

Repeat this for all kexts you update.

To update the OpenGL.framework I would advise this:

mkdir /backup
mv /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /backup
mv /where/the/new/framework/is/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
chmod -R 755  /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

I will give that a try, I thought we were suppose to just use kexthelper for the kexts/natit?

Just gave that a try, same exact symptoms.

Also the errors were all:

Apple Decypt: page_transform in_blk ......

Then it pops up what I think is probably the login screen (can't tell) and it is all black and white garble.

Good question, try it and find out.

You may need to send netkas your bios image for the master core to make a new Natit for you.

Ok, i'll try. But it's neither QE nor CI ...

My hackintosh just see an Ati technologies card ...

What are the files to install pls ?

No one has any thoughts on my problem eh? I just wanted to know if I missed something or... I dont know. I saw on another thread that the visiontek 4870x2 should work. I have downloaded the Accel pack (kext, plugin, and 2 bundles ATIRadeonx2000) from this site, the Natit linked on this site, install all of them, copied the updated OpenGL, reboot and use -F -V and when it comes up with Black and white garble. I have tried the DVI port closest to mobo and the one farthest, as well as the DVI-VGA adapter in and not. This is the last thing I need to have OSX running perfect :).

Has anyone got a mirror for 10.5.7 OpenGL.framework the mediafire site seems to be down. P.S I had this working yesturday using the EFI method, when I tried to use the other method I got grey and white garble. Thanks

Mediafire came back up so got mine fully working again. Just wondering If I am using the EFI strings should I be putting the kexts in the EFI partition? I have them in the mac partition and it is working. Thanks

latest NATIT.kext posted by netkas gave me this......

ATI Radeon HD 480:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 480

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9460

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

H223HQ:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks Netkas...!!!

latest NATIT.kext posted by netkas gave me this......

ATI Radeon HD 480:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 480

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9460

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

H223HQ:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Thanks Netkas...!!!

framebuffer works, no qe/ci

you need add your devid to x2000.kext's plist, mabe you also need to hexedit x2000.kext, replace 4870 devid with 4890 devid

No one has any thoughts on my problem eh? I just wanted to know if I missed something or... I dont know. I saw on another thread that the visiontek 4870x2 should work. I have downloaded the Accel pack (kext, plugin, and 2 bundles ATIRadeonx2000) from this site, the Natit linked on this site, install all of them, copied the updated OpenGL, reboot and use -F -V and when it comes up with Black and white garble. I have tried the DVI port closest to mobo and the one farthest, as well as the DVI-VGA adapter in and not. This is the last thing I need to have OSX running perfect ^_^.

I have the same problem of black and white garble all over the screen (which noticeably changes when I move the mouse about).

I did try to reinstall all the bits a couple of times and got the same result.

Does it matter what method I used to install the OS? I used wolfienuke's Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 EFI Partition Boot Install Script - does this mean I need to put the kexts/bundles in the EFI partition when I install using the script? Or am I right to follow instructions from MOrpheus to the letter and put them in /System/Library/Extensions myself?

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 with a PowerColor 4870x2.

Thanks

I have the same problem of black and white garble all over the screen (which noticeably changes when I move the mouse about)

Have the same problem ...

Since quid I time I try now to get the sapphire 4870x2 running….. no luck… what !´m doing wrong… please help…

My MOBO is the GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 and I installed 10.5.6. and did digital_dreamer´s "STANDARD RETAIL DVD INSTALL" -.

If I understand the guide above correct it should come down to this:

What you will need -

1. KextHelper to install the drivers automatically. http://web.mac.com/v1.42ghz/Kext_Helper/So...Helper%20b7.zip

2. ATI drivers for 4870X2 (already modified, no extra modifications needed) http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...el.tar.bz2.html (thanks to Netkas).

3. 10.5.7 OpenGL.framework (this file goes into /System/Library/Frameworks and overrides the one there). http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z2atjzyjwm5 (thanks drumthrasher109).

4. Netkas' Natit for 4870X2: http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...xt.tar.bz2.html

Okay, now we should have just about everything we need to get started. So here we go:

1. Install all the neccessary kexts and Natit using Kexthelper, and install the Opengl.framework file manually by copy/pasting and entering your password at the prompt.

Delete /System/Library/Extensions.mkext.

If you restart your machine now, on the next boot use the -f -v flags to rebuild the cache.

I did this now several times – Every time the same story:

Booting with –f –v does not work – after a lot of numbers the boot just stops.

Booting without –f –v Just gives me a grey screen (which noticeably changes when I move the mouse about) ….

Can someone help - thanks a lot….

Have the same problem ...

Since quid I time I try now to get the sapphire 4870x2 running….. no luck… what !´m doing wrong… please help…

My MOBO is the GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 and I installed 10.5.6. and did digital_dreamer´s "STANDARD RETAIL DVD INSTALL" -.

If I understand the guide above correct it should come down to this:

I did this now several times – Every time the same story:

Booting with –f –v does not work – after a lot of numbers the boot just stops.

Booting without –f –v Just gives me a grey screen (which noticeably changes when I move the mouse about) ….

Can someone help - thanks a lot….

The impression I'm getting is that 10.5.7 will make this whole process much easier for people like us and that we're best waiting until that arrives (sometime very soon). I'm going to try and be patient until then :rolleyes:

Ok.... ;-) with "M0rpheus" guide and the additional attached netkas files (THANKS a lot… great work!!!!!!) I found at: http://netkas.org and http://forums.macrumors.com/ I got my Sapphire 4870x2 finally working.

But.... my second attached monitor shows the same as the fist one – only one Core?… is this as much as we can get???

netkas_4870x2.zip

netkas,

I still don't know how to activate the second core of my 4870x2...is this related to the ATY_init.kext?

What should I edit in the plist to make the second core work?

(actually I'm hoping for a guide or something...because I'm new to all these...and sorry for bad English :) )

Hi guys! Currently I'm at a state where OSX doesn't boot. It hangs RIGHT before it's supposed to go up, but it DOES boot in -x and it actually sees my HD 4870 X2, and allows me to change resolution. It even sees my monitor.

So I'm wondering how is it possible that it boots in safe mode and actually sees my video card. Here's what I did:

I followed Morpheus guide:

Copied OpenGL Framework from 10.5.7, then I restarted and I still got a boot

I installed the 4 KEXT in the accel tar using Kext Helper + the Natit linked from the Morpheus guide and repaired permissions. At this point we couldn't boot, but we could boot in safe mode and OSX did NOT see my video card.

Now I installed netkas' package (which has ATY_init, a new natit, and Motmot kext). Fixed permission, rebooted with -f -v. We couldn't boot - It froze right before the OS goes up.

We can however boot with -x, and at this point OSX sees my HD4870x2 (though it only sees 1 core I don't really care).

Assuming I start again with a new installation (using iDeneb v4) with a vanilla kernel, and no patches. What exactly do I need to do inorder to actually be able to boot and use my video card?

Would really appreciate any help, thanks.

Note: I'm new to OSX Hackintosh. Don't assume I know "obvious" things. Also I never actually used terminal commands but if the solution calls for it then that's fine...

Hi guys! Currently I'm at a state where OSX doesn't boot. It hangs RIGHT before it's supposed to go up, but it DOES boot in -x and it actually sees my HD 4870 X2, and allows me to change resolution. It even sees my monitor.

So I'm wondering how is it possible that it boots in safe mode and actually sees my video card. Here's what I did:

I followed Morpheus guide:

Copied OpenGL Framework from 10.5.7, then I restarted and I still got a boot

I installed the 4 KEXT in the accel tar using Kext Helper + the Natit linked from the Morpheus guide and repaired permissions. At this point we couldn't boot, but we could boot in safe mode and OSX did NOT see my video card.

Now I installed netkas' package (which has ATY_init, a new natit, and Motmot kext). Fixed permission, rebooted with -f -v. We couldn't boot - It froze right before the OS goes up.

We can however boot with -x, and at this point OSX sees my HD4870x2 (though it only sees 1 core I don't really care).

Assuming I start again with a new installation (using iDeneb v4) with a vanilla kernel, and no patches. What exactly do I need to do inorder to actually be able to boot and use my video card?

Would really appreciate any help, thanks.

Note: I'm new to OSX Hackintosh. Don't assume I know "obvious" things. Also I never actually used terminal commands but if the solution calls for it then that's fine...

Ok, I seemed to have solved it somewhat.

What I did was a fresh installation (again =p), but this time what I did was copy the OpenGL framework, repair permissions, then use Netkas .zip installing the package + the motmot kext using KextHelper, repaired permissions, restarted with -f -v and... It worked!

Note: It only runs 1 core so I had to use the DVI port closer to the MB.

just a quick couple of questions.

first of all: Netkas advised against using the kexts from the efi partition/extra folder. why is this? is it possible to do though? i use the same disk in a real mac pro and my hackintosh so i want to keep it stock!

Secondly: Netkas also mentioned that enabling the 2nd core was possible. is there any purpose to this? does it get used in 3d acceleration? can you expand on the procedure to enable it please?

thanks for any help!

its really good news that its working! i can remember last time i asked, i was told "snow leopard..... if your lucky!"