Unique issue after succesful install

subxero

6 posts in this topic

Hi there. I have what I think is a unique issue after a succesful 1st installation of the iPC OSx86 10.5.6 version. I installed using limited kext selections. I have had success with graphics using only EFI Studo. Graphics running smoothly with QE & CI support on Geforce 8500GT. Lan was succesful using Nvidialan kext. (Nforce 430) Have Lan functioning and able to use my ethernet router without a problem. The issue I have is that I cannot boot from powering up into OSX the first time I switch on my PC. I have OSX on a second hdd and Windows 7 on the first. I used Easy BCD to create the dual boot option - which it has. When I boot up my machine from being off (Cold Boot), OSX boots up from the dual boot menu, but my display switches off and on again - the screen goes blue and when the login screen displays, the mouse cursor is frozen in the centre (or top left) of the screen. Tried wit -x, -v & -s - same thing happens with no visible error being reported. If I reboot, boot-up and log into Windows 7 and re-boot, I can succesfully boot OSX. If I then reboot OSX multiple times, it boots up fine 1st time everytime. If I switch off my PC, switch it on again and boot into OSX ... I get the same situation where the monitor powers off then on, blue screen and frozen mouse cursor at login (Keyboard works). This has been consistent. I have to first boot up in Windows, restart and OSX will boot up without a hitch... every time... very confusing. I even tried a cold boot with the ethernet router unplugged. Same issue. Am I alone on this?

My motherboard = GA-M51GM-S2G

Other than my 1st post, everything else works 100%. Video, Sound, Ethernet, USB. I run Photoshop without a problem. It's just having to first boot to windows and the re-boot so I can boot in OSX which is annoying.

Using PS2 mouse and Keyeboard. I tried using an authentic Mac mouse and keyboard, but had the same issues. They worked though after booting up into widows first... as did my PS2 mouse and keyboard.

Using PS2 mouse and Keyeboard. I tried using an authentic Mac mouse and keyboard, but had the same issues. They worked though after booting up into widows first... as did my PS2 mouse and keyboard.

One other thing... The mouse cursor does not freeze period. It moves erratic (fast movements all over the screen area) at first and then freezes. With further attaempts at moving the mouse, the cursor jumps from one end of the screen to a random point where it freezes. I can navigate using the keyboard but the mouse cursor stays frozen and may appaear in odd random stationary positions when moving the mouse.