Need to disable an OSx86 system

pressure

8 posts in this topic

Define "not boot"? Do you want it to not give you the option to boot it ordo you want the boot to fail?

basically I lent someone my working hackintosh, and the only way I can get it back is if I "break" it. meaning, take out a file or something and have it just not work, not boot, ect so he can come to me and ask me to fix it so I can get it back, and just tell him it broke.

basically I lent someone my working hackintosh, and the only way I can get it back is if I "break" it. meaning, take out a file or something and have it just not work, not boot, ect so he can come to me and ask me to fix it so I can get it back, and just tell him it broke.

So you are saying that you friend won't let you have your computer back? And the only way to get it back is somehow screw up the OS without them knowing? Have them do an Update through Apple software update, unless your have it worked out that you can do software update natively.

So you are saying that you friend won't let you have your computer back? And the only way to get it back is somehow screw up the OS without them knowing? Have them do an Update through Apple software update, unless your have it worked out that you can do software update natively.

If I do this , will it shut down before or after restart?

What I would like to do is remove the file, or something but still leave it running, and when they restart that it wont work anymore.

remove this file

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

your system will keep working until you shut down it will not boot any more until you put back this file in place

i hope that it will help you

sacaman

remove this file

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

your system will keep working until you shut down it will not boot any more until you put back this file in place

i hope that it will help you

sacaman

thanks good looking