Rerouting microphone AD1986A

MGJulius

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I recently installed the AD1986 sound driver on my computer (see specs) to see if i could get my microphone working.

Well to my surprise it did work, however not to the fullest of expectations.

None of the internal programs can pick up my voice, and they only way the mic works is if i have speakers hooked up to my rear audio ports....then I can hear my voice.

If anyone has a way to rerout the microphone input to have my applications recognize it please respond.

Thanks in advance...

MGJulius

• 2 weeks later...

If its still not working..that could be because of your nodes not being appropriate in the Plist. Edit the plist for microphone and change/add appropriate nodes. I edited the taruga's patched file and modified the nodes in the plist according to my dump.

system preferences show the following

Output Devices

* Internal Lineout (One of the lineouts work for audio out(rear). Not sure which one....other i could not test..suggestions are welcome.)

* External Lineout

* Headphones (Works perfectly..you need to choose headphone in system prefrecnces)

* Digital Input (Not tested and not planning to)

Input Devices

* Line IN (Not yet tested..sugestion to text are welcome)

* Microphone (tested working fine...recorder..enjoyed some Voice candy effects [ :P ] )

Mine is also 1986A. But my issue is system profiler says unknown. any thoughts on that.

If you already found a solution, which is much better than me. Please suggest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
If its still not working..that could be because of your nodes not being appropriate in the Plist. Edit the plist for microphone and change/add appropriate nodes. I edited the taruga's patched file and modified the nodes in the plist according to my dump.

system preferences show the following

Output Devices

* Internal Lineout (One of the lineouts work for audio out(rear). Not sure which one....other i could not test..suggestions are welcome.)

* External Lineout

* Headphones (Works perfectly..you need to choose headphone in system prefrecnces)

* Digital Input (Not tested and not planning to)

Input Devices

* Line IN (Not yet tested..sugestion to text are welcome)

* Microphone (tested working fine...recorder..enjoyed some Voice candy effects [ :( ] )

Mine is also 1986A. But my issue is system profiler says unknown. any thoughts on that.

If you already found a solution, which is much better than me. Please suggest

hi

could you please tell me where can i find this kext.

thanku very much.byw