iatkos 5i doesn't see any partitions ! help

cj95

8 posts in this topic

so i finally booted from the dvd, but i don't see any partitions on disk utility!!! how do i make it work please!! my hdd is sata

so i finally booted from the dvd, but i don't see any partitions on disk utility!!! how do i make it work please!! my hdd is sata

Hi sorry about the previous reply for some reason my writing didn't appear. I had the same problem with an Hp pavilion Dv7-1130el and managed to resolve the issue, I wanted to install on an ext.HD. So here is what i did;

Download from the usual source 'Leopard Osx86 pendrive edition' 2.8.GB approx 2hrs 30 mins.

Beg a friend to let you use his mac or mac 86 for 40 minutes(time it takes to do all the instructions from the torrent) follow the steps to create a pendrive install but don't use a pendrive but ext HD like WD160gb. After restoring the DMG image and installing the Chameleon bootloader onto this disk unmount it and return to your pc/ laptop. Make sure to have set up the boot sequence for USB external device before the internal HD. Plug in the disk you have just created and push the on button, wait till it gives you the press F8 prompt and hit F8, type in -v to boot in verbose mode to check for errors, remember that this uses a mac keyboard so the - is the' button on the keyboard you use if it isn't a mac one. It should boot quickly...mine boots in 40 seconds flat!! If all goes well you can then get all the drivers from the install dvd you burnt for your pc components, do the Show file shell from the disk in 'Look here' folder so you can see the file system on the dvd.

Ciao and hope this helps.

By the way this system has been tested on an Intel machine but it can be tried on an AMD ....or so it says ;) mine is an Intel.

this issue is resolved if i put sata controller on AHCI , but i don't see that anywhere in my bios :unsure:

actually you need to set the drive as MBR??? how do i do this????

i only have one hard drive sata 320 gb

this issue is resolved if i put sata controller on AHCI , but i don't see that anywhere in my bios :)

actually you need to set the drive as MBR??? how do i do this????

i only have one hard drive sata 320 gb

[/q

Are you using Vista? What pc are you trying to install on? Details please.......As i replied before if the bios is blocked as some are now you can't change AHCI, strangely enough if you check in device control you will find that it already is sata on AHCI. I tried everything but the only way I managed was the pendrive way.....very easy too!

i don't even have "sata controller" in my bios anywhere. I have "sata operation mode" which only has " Raid" and "Non-Raid" if i put it to raid an error or something will come up before boot information, and it sends me back to sata non raid mode. so iatkos still doesn't see my partitions

this is a problem with sata disks, bu i have an ide drive and that too is not detected!!! iPC 10.5.6 detects both my drives . i tried XxX x86 10.5.6 but that doesn't even detect the dvd drive lols!!!