Successful ipc 10.5.6 install on HP dv6000!

Abdur Rahman

8 posts in this topic

HP dv6113ca

AMD Turion 64 x2 dual core TL-50

nVidia GeForce Go 6150 256mb

nVidia nForce Chipset

iPC Universal 10.5.6

So after about 10 painful installs i finally got the mac osx to load. I just thought i'd share it with everyone since i was so desperate to find a solution myself but to no avail. Right now i'm looking for a video card drivers, wireless, trackpad and keyboard, ethernet and even something to speed up the actual boot time. Here goes:

Firstly go into your bios and setup a power-on password otherwise you'd get a boot error. Took me a while to find out this!

Then boot from the CD.

Select your language

On the utilities menu i believe select disk utility? Format your hdd mac os journaled

Then follow the on screen instructions. After selecting the hdd you just formatted, click customize and select which drivers you want to install.

Here's the difficult part. I tried many variations and this is the only one that let me actually load mac osx!

Use Voodoo Kernel 9.5.0

Use nVidia MCP67 Drivers for chipset

Conexant HiDef Audio

Wireless Broadcom

USB Patched usb drivers

NO VIDEO

NO POWER MANAGEMENT

NO ALT BOOT

NO FIXES & PATCHES

Select which apps you want

Install and after a successful install it should reboot.

Leave the power-on password otherwise it will not load at all.

Select options for boot

Type: -f

Then press enter

Any other modes don't work at all. They work now.

I just tried to install video drivers: NVdriver, NVIDIA, NVinjectGO kext files but i'm not sure if i supposed to select only one driver or all. I installed all using kexthelper and now the system won't boot. So i'll have to reinstall and try another combination. Well i still need to install the wireless since it doesn't show any wireless network, the ethernet card and if anyone knows how to get this to boot faster that would be a great help as well. I think i came across a post showing how to get it to boot alot faster. I reinstalled leaving out the broadcom driver since it wasn't working when i installed it. Also my keyboard and mousepad on the laptop don't work, i'm using a usb keyboard and mouse.

Need help with:

Installing Geforce Go 6150 video card

Installing broadcom wireless (internal)

Getting my keyboard and mousepad to work

Anyone has any suggestions? Please help! Thank you.

I hope this post was helpful :wacko:

Here's the difficult part. I tried many variations and this is the only one that let me actually load mac osx!

I have a question according to this. Did you try many different kernels? Didn't you destroy your hardware in any way at all? No failures where you couldn't boot into XP or even get across the initial steps when starting your computer? E.g. that your hdd wasn't found or that your computer wouldn't start at all?

I have a question according to this. Did you try many different kernels? Didn't you destroy your hardware in any way at all? No failures where you couldn't boot into XP or even get across the initial steps when starting your computer? E.g. that your hdd wasn't found or that your computer wouldn't start at all?

Nope i tried them (kernels) individually at different installs [AMD compatible ones ONLY]. I don't have xp installed anymore. Formatted the hdd and partitioned it. The only thing i'm having problems with is installing drivers for the video card and wireless. Also the keyboard and mousepad don't work, i have to use a usb keyboard and mouse. I need some solutions for these.

Install with ONLY the StageXNU 9.4.0 kernel. Then select Conexant HD Audio, NVInjectGO, and Broadcom. I didn't use iPC on my dv2000, I used Leo4allv4.1, but those are the settings that worked with Leo4all. Also, select one of the USB fixes.

Install with ONLY the StageXNU 9.4.0 kernel. Then select Conexant HD Audio, NVInjectGO, and Broadcom. I didn't use iPC on my dv2000, I used Leo4allv4.1, but those are the settings that worked with Leo4all. Also, select one of the USB fixes.

ok thanks! i'm going to try it now.

this will not work with all dv6000 series pavilions, i have a dv6810us which uses the mcp67 chipset but also uses the 7150m video card not the 6150m which your laptop happens to use. there are may variations of the mcp67 as well! i know personally, i've been trying to get my hp up and running with leopard for quite some time now. after a melted cpu heat sink, fried audio card and burned out dvd drive, i gave up. although i did manage to install leo4all with keyboard, trackpad and usb support. nothing else though. no video drivers have been created for shared memory video cards from nvidia except for i believe the driver's that come with the new macbooks. or at least i haven't seen any that work.

I saw you posted here, but didn't this guy get it to work?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128495

Just tried it, didn't work :D I got the 'stop sign' at the white apple loading screen. Any suggestions?

I'm getting this error

"Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

Still waiting for root device

HELP!

Wouldn't the Voodoo kernel work instead?

• 2 months later...
I saw you posted here, but didn't this guy get it to work?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=128495

Just tried it, didn't work :) I got the 'stop sign' at the white apple loading screen. Any suggestions?

I'm getting this error

"Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

Still waiting for root device

HELP!

Wouldn't the Voodoo kernel work instead?

When I tried with the Voodoo kernel, my computer did not boot, it froze at a certain step while loading. My HP dv2000 (2120us, similar to 6000) is trashed now anyway. Whenever you turn it on, the speakers start buzzing. I've had a MacBook for over a year now so it doesn't really matter anymore and I also have my primary hackintosh which works flawlessly. (Gateway 500XL, 512MB DDR400, 80GB 4200RPM PATA, GeForce FX 5200 128MP AGP, SoundBlaster Audigy with kXAudio, Intel PRO/100 LAN, and a Realtek RT73-based USB wireless card - Linksys WUSB54GC)