ATI HD4670

guest048

32 posts in this topic

got SL up and running on my i7, did the 10.6.3 combo update, and I have QE/CI, a settable resolution, but I cant seem to run dual head... any ideas? I used the tonymacx86 bootcd/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method.

• 2 months later...
I am using the ati hd 4670 and 10.6.2 after the installation had no problem checking system settings I see appears as ati hd 4890 works 100%

If I understand you correctly, I will install in 10.6.2 HD4890 instead HD4670?

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Big thanks to - InfiniteMac forums

After 2 days of hard trying (got only Black Screens or Glichy graphics) I finally got fully working Asus HD4670 512MB, ID 1002:9490!

My setup:

iATKOS S3, boot_flicker, monitor connected to DVI2VGA dongle (VGA out doesn't work, except when I plug DVI2VGA dongle (without monitor), but then I get fancy colors).

I also installed 10.6.4 update with success!

Steps:

1. Installed iATKOS S3 with integrated graphics card (because with HD4670 after installation I got Black screen, even in safe mode)

(options used: PC EFI 10.6, Graphics Enabler, voodoo HDA, NTFS-3G, everything else left by default)

2. edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

add pmVersion=20 (in correct form) needed for 10.6.4 update kernel panic

3. rename original /boot to /boot2

4. extract boot_flicker and copy boot file to root folder

5. install updates

6. restart PC and change graphics card to HD4670

7. connect DVI2VGA dongle and monitor to it

8. Beautifully running MacOS :)

edit.

9. There is a Apple released kext update. Installed it and everything is still running beautifully! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, Pilmen.

I have 10.6.8 installed ( by hazard) on an ECS A-709GXM-AD3, and Phenon II X4 Processor,

The video card is a Saphire HD4670 1Gb.

So, first I tryed to compile Camaleon by myself, when I tryed the comand make, it says something like " not any job" . Nothing hapens.

So I used the boot file you atached.

Renamed the old boot file and replaced.

Used ATI4600controller.kext and ATIRAdeonX2000.kext, bundled and another one modified for especific 4670.

After installing kexts and fixing permitions, rebooted, and All I have is a Garbage screen, I see Mac is funcioning, I have audio, but cant figure it anything out about video.

Could it be because of 10.6.8 ? if I reinstall system on 10.6.2 and use the bundled kexts with modified boot file, should function ?

I was so hopefull this method would function, cuz I've alread lost MANY days researching, trying metods and this one I think would be successfull..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Marcos

I have HD4670 ID 1002:9490

This method works full for me (full article http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...p/t203990.html) :

Chameleon RC4 is missing some framebuffer settings for 46xx cards, so we need to patch it. It appears that 46xx cards are using the Shrike framebuffer, and Chamelon RC4 inject them as Motmot, plus there is a template "bug".

- download Chameleon RC4 sources

- unrar sources

- open a terminal and go to the Chameleon sources folder

- edit the i386/libsaio/ati.c file

- Find your PCI ID (around line 200) and change Motmot to Shrike (46xx only)

For me :

221 { 0x10029490, "Motmot"} ,

Becomes :

221 { 0x10029490, "Shrike"} ,

Search the following line (line 668) :

if(framebuffer[0] == 'M' && framebuffer[1] == 'o' && framebuffer[2] == 't') //faster than strcmp

Replace by :

if(1) // FIXME

(Note : we need to find a better way to fix that, and call evprop_add_ati_template_4xxx(device); only for 4xxx cards, maybe an id range ?)

- Save changes

- Type make embedtheme in the Chameleon sources folder :

demik@rampage ~/Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-src

% make embedtheme

- backup your /boot file, for example :

sudo cp /boot /boot.old

- install your patched Chamelon RC4 :

sudo cp Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-src/sym/i386/boot /boot

- reboot, it should work with your patched bootloader

All you need SnowLeopard 10.6.2 + Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684(with modif boot file)

Boot file in Attachment.

• 4 months later...

Anyone have dual monitor going in 10.7.3 with the ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB Dual DVI, IDs Dev. 9490 SubSys 25421028?

Trying to get the 2nd port going via DVI2VGA adapter. Monitor is detected as VGA but remains black. Full res. and QE/CI on main DVI. Adaptations of any ATIConfig FBs don't do anything, and neither GraphicsEnabler Yes or No. Always full res. change on DVI, black screen on 2nd DVI via VGA, Framebuffer does NOT get set (only generic ATI fb displayed via ioreg|grep ATY --> DVD Player crashes).

Any ideas?

• 7 months later...