iATKos v5i - IBM/Lenovo x61 tablet

acoma

59 posts in this topic

So, I'm back trying to get my graphics working again. ;)

For sake of reference: I've updated to 10.5.6 from iAtkos v4i install. I've had intermittent success, but my problem up to now has pretty much been the same: the tearing blue screen that indicates a problem with the sync setup on the x3100.

I just tried the fix that pegasys linked to above (twice) - unfortunately it creates the blue screen problem for me - the screen turns solid blue and doesn't come back.

I still have the vesa work around that is moderately successful. Recap: delete all AppleIntelGMA* extensions from /System/Library/Extensions. Delete the cach file Extensions.???? from /System/Library. Boot and use "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" ... the system is mostly useable, though not at native resolution.

I'm exploring for other solutions. I'm not sure why SaCleoCheater's solution didn't work... registration on InfiniteMac isn't going through for me to ask him questions at the moment...

R

Atheros Update:

I tried using Software Update and it told me I needed an update for my Atheros card. (I'm running 10.5.6 with standard drivers that have been modified to include the pci168c,1014 string.)

When I updated, naturally the pci string was blown away. I put it back.

When I rebooted, my machine hung just after the MAC drivers were initialized. Not good. I removed the pci168c,1014 so the card wouldn't be recognized and I could get past the hang.

I tried a number of different techniques to get it to work, but the only thing that worked was copying a backup I had made (fortunately!) of the Atheros drivers back over the IO80211* folder. As soon as I reinstalled it, the wireless card came up and I could connect.

Lesson: keep backups of things Apple tries to update. Beware of updating in general.

Still working on the 3100 problem...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people, this is my first time installing OSX and I've got a few questions regarding kexts and installing them. I've tried using Kext Helper and it doesn't seem like the drivers have installed. I tried installing sound drivers but now the grey buttons aren't working :\

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

@tc11228

I sold my x61 a while ago (I have a acer 8930 instead, love running OS X on a 18.4" widescreen... :) )

As regards the blue and white screen issues - SaCleoCheater's files totally fixed the problem I was having - for 2 weeks afterwards until I sold the X61, I never saw a blue and white screen once.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2833574...04e75f6e8ebb871

Pegasus, Thank you very much for the file. It installed like a charm. Unfortunately, I booted to the blue and white screen immediately after installation. I am running iDeneb 10.5.7 (upgraded via mac updates). Prior to reading your post, I change my resolution to 800x600 as a test. I experienced the same blue and white screen. Unfortunately, I have not been able to book outside of safe mode since.

I appreciate any help that you or anyone can provide. I have a Lenovo X61t. Everything else I need is working fine accept for the 3100, bluetooh, and wireless (just purchased the card). I have not tried an external monitor or speakers.

Thank you!

T

@tc11228

I only ever tried SaCleoCheater's fix with iatkos 10.5.5 which had been updated to 10.5.6 (using the standalone dmg downloaded from apple). I know the Fix wasn't supposed to work with 10.5.5 - and possibly isn't meant to work with 10.5.7??

UPDATE: Working GMA3100 on Lenovo x61t on 10.5.7

I tried several items over time. They likely all contributed to the success.

1) Installed iDeneb 10.5.6

2) Update using Software Updates to 10.5.7

3) Installed Alternate Sleep Trick

4) Install SaCleoCheater's files from Pegasus’ post

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2833574...04e75f6e8ebb871

5) Removed 3100 files from twinotter post:

* rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*

* rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegrated*

* rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

* reboot

I will update the post if I can pinpoint the exact steps necessary.

Thank you all!

T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i installed iatkos v 7 and then installed a kext for " brightness control" from one of the posts. now, after i restarted the tablet, all i see is a blue screen

is this a mac issue. is there a way around this. system restore ? does one have to reinstall everything everytime a small file misbehaves?

i will appreciate your help