X1300-X1350-X1400-X1450

super_engine

9 posts in this topic

I to all

This graphic Cards (I have a HP 6820s laptop with a damned X1350) do not want works right on my laptop.

After weeks of tests have come to this:

- Allowed QE / CI entering my DeviceID (7196) in ATIRadeonX1000.kext (both in Info.plist that in HEX file using hexadecimal editor)

- Through Caretta Framebuffer ( 'injected' by NATIT_Ati_Auto.kext or ATIInject.kext) any external monitor works perfectly.

- Nothing to be done on the internal display jumper 1-6 and 2-12 on the VGA port

- Nothing to be done on internal monitors putting my EDID in the 'injectors'

Reading the various forums I realized that the problem is the framebuffer Caretta (and our damned card works only with Caretta) NON provides mating with internal monitor but only with external devices.

Now I have to reset everything and try again with KEXT of snow leopard where there are new interestings kext (ATI1300Controller and ATIFramebuffer). Try.

Another way is to try the framebuffer that are developing ever on this forum (ATIFramebuffer Topics)

Or 'Modd' tab of the BIOS see making a clone X1700 (but even here we are well on the impossible because the laptop BIOS are super-protected)

Finally .... .... I'm going to buy a macbook and goodnight

help ourself .. We must win this challengesad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I´ve tried everything you mentioned(yes, even the Snow Leopard stuff), with zero success.

I even managed to get my card(x1300 mobility) recognised as a x1600 in system profiler, but then it still wasn´t able to use the wormy framebuffer.

Using displayConfigX I managed to crash my system, after setting correct screen ratio(16:10)... which was quite an interesting resault, but no progress(luckily it was easy for me to fix it and get my system working again).

The ATIPC framebuffer thing is interresting, but has ANYONE gotten it to work properly? And hasn´t the development stopped?

Also since natit works perfectly on the external screen, I am convinced there should be a possibility to somehow force that to work on the internal screen... but how, I don´t know... I´ve tried a lot of small attempts but not gotten anywhere with that yet.

I am considering trying to exchange my x1300 mobility with an nvidia go 7300, but that is no easy thing either...

- Ztardust

Ehi Ztardust

Many thanks for your cooperation

I have found a copy of source copy of Caretta Framebuffer.

Do you are able to mod it for workswith internal display (like Wormy or Alopias)?

Otherwise i am very interested at the possibility of change the Graphic Card on a laptop. But it is possible ? I know that NV7300Go works very fine.

I´ve heard that it is impossible to change the graphics card because of some bios issue, I haven´t really understood that...

But on dell machines it is possible to upgrade the graphics cards.

I would LOVE to get my hands on the source of Caretta, I´ve been looking for that. I can´t promise anything, but I would certainly try to modify the source to work on the internal display...

- Ztardust

This Caretta "source", is Dong´s decompiled version of Caretta...

It may be useful for some genius-coders here, but as of now, it is useless for me. I do not have the skills to do anything with this, unforunately.

I was hoping you had original sources of Caretta.

- Ztardust

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The new chameleon bootloader is out (v2 RC3), and the features contain an interesting feature:

http://tinyurl.com/kmtkby

"VideoROM

You can pass an alternate video ROM image file to the system."

Maybe we could try to pass a different ROM image which works with x1350, but pretends to be a different display adapter, which supports different framebuffer than Caretta. (i.e. Wormy)

This way we might fix the native resolution support for our cards.

This is just a wild guess, what do you think, can we achieve some results experimenting with this procedure?