Final cut pro 6 crash on Hackintosh

alnova1

21 posts in this topic

Has anyone had this problem? I installed Final cut pro 6 and upon start up after installation, it goes through all the motions and after it tells you there is no camera attached, it crashes. I have tried updating also and this didnt help. I am running 10.5.5 on a 2.40 quad-core with 8 gb of memory and nvidia 7300 gt.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Has anyone had this problem? I installed Final cut pro 6 and upon start up after installation, it goes through all the motions and after it tells you there is no camera attached, it crashes. I have tried updating also and this didnt help. I am running 10.5.5 on a 2.40 quad-core with 8 gb of memory and nvidia 7300 gt.

I am having the same problem. I even tries final cut 5 and 6 both crash the exact same way. Compressor, dvd studio, everyting else works fine just final cut pro. If you found a fix please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

What I did.

Edit the NetworkInterfaces.plist...

go to: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Change these lines:

BSD Name from "en1 or whatever you have" to "en0"

IOInterfaceUnit to "0"

I saved to another location then replace the file, it will ask the admin password.

Then delete your internet connection, and add a new, it has to show the en0 network adapter.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ihackpro... your solution worked absolutely perfectly for me. After I edited the plist, rebooted and went into the Network preferences, the system informed me it had detected a new ethernet port and told me to configure it... Did that and now FCP 6.0.6 starts up without a single problem. Wonderful stuff!

Thanks for putting this here for us to use.

Hi

What I did.

Change these lines:

IOInterfaceUnit to "0"

I saved to another location then replace the file, it will ask the admin password.

Then delete your internet connection, and add a new, it has to show the en0 network adapter.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem; actually neither Final Cut Pro nor QMaster nor Compressor would run and crash on startup (including QMaster preferenc panel). and that´s how it got fixed: It is, like already mentionned, Final Cut Pro not seing a Ethernet Interface "en0". To get this, you go into Preferences Panels/Networking and delete all networking interfaces except your major ethernet - which is very likely up and running. After this you go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete "NetworkInterfaces.plist" (you can keep a backup copy, if you like).

Restart your Hackintosh now and go to Preferences Panels/Networking again and klick on the"Tool" symbol to choose "Rearranging Interfaces". Do this and put your Ethernet to the top.

• 2 months later...
I had the same problem; actually neither Final Cut Pro nor QMaster nor Compressor would run and crash on startup (including QMaster preferenc panel). and that�s how it got fixed: It is, like already mentionned, Final Cut Pro not seing a Ethernet Interface "en0". To get this, you go into Preferences Panels/Networking and delete all networking interfaces except your major ethernet - which is very likely up and running. After this you go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete "NetworkInterfaces.plist" (you can keep a backup copy, if you like).

Restart your Hackintosh now and go to Preferences Panels/Networking again and klick on the"Tool" symbol to choose "Rearranging Interfaces". Do this and put your Ethernet to the top.

Worked like a charm!

Got final cut running now.

Thanks!!

I had the same problem; actually neither Final Cut Pro nor QMaster nor Compressor would run and crash on startup (including QMaster preferenc panel). and that�s how it got fixed: It is, like already mentionned, Final Cut Pro not seing a Ethernet Interface "en0". To get this, you go into Preferences Panels/Networking and delete all networking interfaces except your major ethernet - which is very likely up and running. After this you go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete "NetworkInterfaces.plist" (you can keep a backup copy, if you like).

Thanks!! Finally everything works! :)

• 1 month later...
Thanks!! Finally everything works! :help:

I have Final Cut Studio 3. I install everything. Compressor and Final cut Pro both crash when loading up. I found out by uninstalling Qmaster, final cut pro loads fine. Now I don't have compressor, qmaster installed and would like to have them. Also, the "Share" functionality in Final Cut Studio is now disabled because it uses Compressor, which I don't have. I have a hackintosh computer. I connect to the internet using some third party wireless card that's intstalled. I believe it acts as the airport. Here are my network settings:

AirPort:

Type: AirPort

Hardware: AirPort

BSD Device Name: en1

IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.0.25

IPv4:

Addresses: 192.168.0.25

Configuration Method: DHCP

Interface Name: en1

NetworkSignature: IPv4.Router=192.168.0.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=00:17:9a:48:24:03

Router: 192.168.0.1

Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0

IPv6:

Configuration Method: Automatic

AppleTalk:

Configuration Method: Node

Default Zone: *

Network ID: 65513

Node ID: 148

DNS:

Server Addresses: 192.168.0.1

DHCP Server Responses:

Domain Name Servers: 192.168.0.1

Lease Duration (seconds): 0

DHCP Message Type: 0x05

Routers: 192.168.0.1

Server Identifier: 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Proxies:

Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16

FTP Passive Mode: Yes

Ethernet:

MAC Address: 00:23:69:09:1f:83

Media Options:

Media Subtype: Auto Select

Ethernet Adaptor (en0):

Type: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en0

IPv4:

IPv6:

Proxies:

• 4 weeks later...
I have Final Cut Studio 3. I install everything. Compressor and Final cut Pro both crash when loading up. I found out by uninstalling Qmaster, final cut pro loads fine. Now I don't have compressor, qmaster installed and would like to have them. Also, the "Share" functionality in Final Cut Studio is now disabled because it uses Compressor, which I don't have. I have a hackintosh computer. I connect to the internet using some third party wireless card that's intstalled. I believe it acts as the airport. Here are my network settings:

AirPort:

Type: AirPort

Hardware: AirPort

BSD Device Name: en1

IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.0.25

IPv4:

Addresses: 192.168.0.25

NetworkSignature: IPv4.Router=192.168.0.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=00:17:9a:48:24:03

Router: 192.168.0.1

Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0

IPv6:

AppleTalk:

Configuration Method: Node

Default Zone: *

Network ID: 65513

Node ID: 148

DNS:

Server Addresses: 192.168.0.1

DHCP Server Responses:

Domain Name Servers: 192.168.0.1

Lease Duration (seconds): 0

DHCP Message Type: 0x05

Routers: 192.168.0.1

Server Identifier: 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Proxies:

Ethernet:

MAC Address: 00:23:69:09:1f:83

Media Options:

Media Subtype: Auto Select

Ethernet Adaptor (en0):

Type: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD Device Name: en0

IPv4:

IPv6:

Proxies:

I have the same problem....

any one help??

• 2 weeks later...

People, thanks a ton... At first I had problems with QE-CI, then wanted to extend my partition, formated by mistake, then dealing again for 4 days continuously with QE-CI (even though in profiler appeared as supported) because FC was crashing at startup. And no nothing. Now, I modified to en0 (from en2), restarted and it works perfectly. Geez, all this fuss for the network adapter's name??? Does it even have anything to deal in final cut??? (I'm talking about the network adapter). Thanks a lot, again, it works perfect now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you sooooo much!!! You saved my day!!!!!

Pcace

help please anyone....

i cant use apple motion 4. there's always kernel panic appear

i tried to uninstall it several times but the results still same, others working fine (FCP 7, DVD Studio Pro, color ,etc)

even when i tried istaling motion 3, the result same crash kernelpanic appear ( sorry for my bad english)

intel core2 quad 9550

gigabyte EP45 UD3R

help please...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

What I did.

Change these lines:

IOInterfaceUnit to "0"

Hope this helps.

This worked like a charm with me.

A caveat is, in my case, I had to input en0 and IOTinerfaceUnit to 0 TWICE. I had to replace the values up top, scroll the .plist down to the bottom and replace the identical values.

I pulled my hair out because I was only replacing the top values.

So finally, I figured it out. Rebooted my system. Checked network under system profiler and it STILL said EN2 under BSD.

Going into system preferences/network, it prompted me to add a new network card EN0. Sweet! Went to the little gear icon at the bottom to "set service order," reordered EN0 to the top, deleted everything else and I was golden.

Log and transfer works and everything is accelerated.

I know this is a lot of repeating earlier posts, but I wanted to share my experience.

• 2 months later...