Photoshop CS4 OpenGL Performance

B612

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

Have you noticed about Photoshop CS4 having performance issues with 256 Mb NVidia GPU?

The images don't refresh properly, they get black, they return normal after clicking out of their frame, they become difficult to work with, unless you deselect "use OpenGL", from the Preferences of Photoshop CS4.

Well, my MacBook Pro has also 256 Mb of GPU, but it works perfect. This means that the issue I'm having with my desktop PC may depend on NATIT.kext, or on the EFI strings I inserted in com.apple.boot.plist.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thank you!

(PS: you can see my specs from my signature).

Um, just a thought here. If you are using EFI strings, you can remove Natit.kext, I mean, you either run one or the other...not both. So try removing Natit.kext + rebuilding your extensions....

It's not that. :(

I've tried the three options:

1) Only Natit.kext;

2) Only EFI Strings;

3) Both

But nothing has changed. I saw on the Net that I'm not the only one having this problem with Photoshop CS4. The others have "solved" it by just disabling OpenGL drawing, but there must be another way to solve this issue!

Other ideas? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should try to find a kext other than Natit or EFI strings, to produce better QE performance.

So far, no success. I've tried NVdarwin, NVkush, NVinject, but all of these kexts gave me no QE at all.

Please keep us updated if you have any results.

Hmm... Sometimes I think the best solution would be to buy a new (full compatible) video card...

That would not be a solution. That would be surrender...

If I have to buy a new card, I would first solve this problem and then buy a new one, after I'm satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

In the image attached it's described the solution. This setting work perfect for me!

don't forget to restart photoshop before test!

Hey, that's great, this problem had been causing me a few headaches, I can now put the painkillers away :(

• 5 months later...
Hi All,

In the image attached it's described the solution. This setting work perfect for me!

don't forget to restart photoshop before test!

thank you ...thank you..thank you

• 11 months later...