Silent hill 5 port

sonicjam

7 posts in this topic

I'm working on porting Silent Hill Homecoming for the mac, right now it has audio issues there no sounds or bgm in the menu and the game. But the cut scenes do have audio. Also it has mouse warping issue, the game has texture loading problems like GTA. also some times the game will load a poor model of the main character in the middle of a lamp also a it loads a table in the middle of that too you will see it in the screens down there. if anyone have any idea how to fix this i'll gladly take your suggestion. Right now i'm working of getting those issues fixed.

picture2rw8.th.pngpicture3fa0.th.pngpicture4go5.th.png

picture5ii6.th.pngpicture6kv2.th.pngpicture7pp4.th.png

picture8zf0.th.pngpicture9xz8.th.png

• 2 weeks later...
dude that's awesome. im excited for the finished version!!

:)

Porting or "Cidering" ?

Porting means that you have the source code and made the neccesary changes and compiling for running the game in Mac OS X.

• 1 year later...

For sound... you will likely need to do the same thing that is required in cedega.

Get the win32 openal installer. It needs to be installed so basically for cider you will need the dll's that come out and they will need to be in windows/system32.

Get directx_aug2009_redist.exe. That needs to be installed. In particular you are wanting the xact audio stuff from it.

With the dll's from those two in place Homecoming should have audio and it should work really well.

If nothing happens here I might take a crack at it myself sometime.

• 2 weeks later...