Printing problems

TauTau

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have two (different) Problems regarding printing from my iDeneb 10.5.5:

1. Canon ix4000

I have to use that printer with Printfab (2.09). The printer is not locally connected, but on a W2K3 Server. I tried sharing with smb and Appletalk. I can't print to it, the job comes up in the queue on the Server, but it doesn't start to spool (I can without problems connect to the printer).

Funny thing is: I use the same printer with the same version of PrintFab from my MacBook Pro with 10.5.5 without problems. Since the other printer, the NEC, prints without problems from *both* machines, I suspect it's a problem in the combination of iDeneb+PrintFab. maybe I need a cups update or something?

2. NEC P30

when I just said, I can print without problems to this printer, I meant only that an expected document actually comes out of the printer ;) This printer is also on the W2K3 server, I use the Epson 9 needle (or 24 needle, no difference) driver of OSx for this form both my Macbook and OSx86. I need this printer for carbon copys of graphics.

There's a big difference between printing from Windows and OSx though: From Windows printed, graphics that are black are *solid* black, I can rip the paper when I put the handle for pressure too far down. That is what I need for carbon copys.

From OSx though, everything is very dithered down grey, it doesn't even press through on the copy enough to be usable.

I know that this is a very rare usage (who really still uses needle printers, and then with OSx ;)), but I need to have that working, and booting to Windows just for that is a real pita...

Anyone has an idea on this??

Lars, end of novel ;)

Hi,

Canon usually has Macdrivers on its Website. And there are allways extra utilitys for printing out of a network.

Have you tried these allready?

I can print easily with my IR4000 through WLAN Router using the Network utility from Canon.

rgs

Siawyn

jup, I installed the printer via the printer pane of course... I only have the PrintFab driver there, not the one from Canon... exactly the same as I did with the MacBook... as I said, I can print from there without problems, the difference must be somewhere else