Any drivers for JMicron JMB38X?

RaidenII

22 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Incredibly awesome! I knew it existed!

No matter what piece of hardware, somebody seems to be working on it for OSX.

I wonder if it'll support MMCPlus cards...

Working at all is incredibly awesome anyway. Thank you open source!

The computer I'm using this on is the Acer Aspire AOA150.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello I have full Working Cardreader !

Here link : LINK

Install and restart.

hey emshomar, is this for snow 32/64 ?

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone.

I made new driver only for MountainLion from Voodoo's Sorses. http://forge.voodoop...nk/VoodooSDHC.h

Because http://www.osx86.net...for_jmb38x.html this VoodooSDHC doesn't work on my laptop.

The important condition, you should put SDcard in before the computer's switching on

If you have any issues, for instance, with sleep. It doesn't means that you should remove this driver. Just take SDcard out before computer's turning on and all problems will disappear. Just use it when it's necessary to you.

voodoosdhci(sourses).zip

VoodooSDHC.kext.zip

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok. Made new more stable version for Mountain Lion, but couldn't get rid of this error that is stopping of writing

VoodooSDHCI: no response from CMD_8 -- ComInhibitCMD

I've boorow part of Slice's code. But some things I exlude

//Dump PCI
IOPCIDevice * bridge = (IOPCIDevice *)provider;
bridge->setMemoryEnable( true );
IOLog("VoodooSDHC: dump PCI\n");
for(int i=0x00; i<0xff; i+=16)
{
for(int j=0; j<15; j+=4)
IOLog("(%02lx)=%08lx ",(long unsigned int)(i+j), (long unsigned int)bridge->configRead32(i+j)); //for trace

For exapmle, this part of code I've remove because it really spam kernel boot messages(we can see it in verbose mode)

But if this code is deleted from slice's version, his driver starts working for me, but nevertheless it's spamming kernel boot messages, and dosen't working after sleep.

But what is interesting indeed.

If made IOSDHCBlockDevise from these sources. http://www.insanelym...ers-for-107108/

It's works without stopping during writing.

I've couter-poseed VoodooSDHC and IOSDHCIBlockDevice.

I've found considerable distinctions in IOSDHCIBlockDevice.h

After made VoodooSDHC.h similarly, but unfortunately VoodooSDHC doesn't work in this case.

http://www.projectos...art=#entry29900

EIDT: I've mistaken IOSDHCBlockDevise stops as well as VoodooSDHC

VoodooSDHC.kext.zip

V1.1_voodoosdhci.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Do you have an update? Is it still freezing?

Thanks

What do you mean under freezing. Totally freezing or braking at the beging of starting up of system.

It works but very bad.

1) it cannot work without plugged SD card before switching on.

2) it is braking system

3) sleep can work only one time, and after first sleep it is not wirking.

4) it cannot write files which size is more than 40 mb.

I cannot cope with it by myself. We need in help of conscious developer.

• Like 1

What do you mean under freezing. Totally freezing or braking at the beging of starting up of system.

It works but very bad.

1) it cannot work without plugged SD card before switching on.

2) it is braking system

3) sleep can work only one time, and after first sleep it is not wirking.

4) it cannot write files which size is not more than 40 mb.

I cannot cope with it by myself. We need in help of conscious developer.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

• Like 1

I found out that VoodooSDHC doesn't work at Movericks. DickUtility says "unreadable device"

Perhaps considarable part of us, who has PCIcardreader, is disabled to have it in Movericks.

VoodooSDHC must be made over appreciably.

• 3 months later...

I found out that VoodooSDHC doesn't work at Movericks. DickUtility says "unreadable device"

Perhaps considarable part of us, who has PCIcardreader, is disabled to have it in Movericks.

VoodooSDHC must be made over appreciably.

Same problem here, any fix?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Alex!

Did you try following driver, which drives TS-RDF1(the ExpressCard Reader of Transcend)?

It also used JMB38X chip[vid:did, 197B:2392].

If it differs from yours, trying to change IOPCIMatch. Maybe have some good things to happen! :)

This driver got from here: Transcend Download Center > Card Readers & Accessories > Accessories > RDF1 > TS-RDF1

Supporting Lion 10.7.4 and before, was confirmed officially. In ML & Mavericks, whether works or not, you can give it a try.

My poorly Ricoh PCIe Card Reader[1180:E823] only works with slice's buggy, unfinished VoodooSDHC, but it always breaks my sleep :(  If anyone could complete VoodooSDHC, or reconstruct a generic SD driver, that will be nice!

TSRDF1_Mac.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi, Alex!

Did you try following driver, which drives TS-RDF1(the ExpressCard Reader of Transcend)?

It also used JMB38X chip[vid:did, 197B:2392].

If it differs from yours, trying to change IOPCIMatch. Maybe have some good things to happen! :)

This driver got from here: Transcend Download Center > Card Readers & Accessories > Accessories > RDF1 > TS-RDF1

Supporting Lion 10.7.4 and before, was confirmed officially. In ML & Mavericks, whether works or not, you can give it a try.

My poorly Ricoh PCIe Card Reader[1180:E823] only works with slice's buggy, unfinished VoodooSDHC, but it always breaks my sleep :(  If anyone could complete VoodooSDHC, or reconstruct a generic SD driver, that will be nice!

No unfortunately, that doesn't work for me with 2381197B and even with binary patch 9223->8123 as well.

What can we see, PCI cardreader works otherwise on Macs, namely SDcard must be sticked into computer before switching on, in order to Mac would see a "new" device and driver would be able to catch it, whereas we can use SDcard on Windows at any time and doesn't matter if it is connected before or after switching on. So for proper work like on Windows we may create Virtual Device similar to FakeSMC. And that's a very hard problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a transcend ts-rdf1 with the JMB68x chip.  Found out that sonnet used the same chip (probably used the same card from the same mass making vendor with their own lable) in their reader SDXC UHS-I Pro.

Macbook pro 17" 2010 model.

Downloaded and installed the driver which shows up to el capitan compatibility.   I am running mavericks.  

First reboot had it working.  It seems to work, lets the laptop go to sleep, and I can read the sdcard after coming back out of sleep.  Also can swap cards.

I don't get on here very often, nor do I have any expertise on debugging or testing this any further, just passing along what worked for me.

YMMV, but thought I would pass this along for folks looking to get expresscard/34 sdcard functionality back!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I am aware that this is an old thread, but i´m on the same boat.

My Transcend TS-RDF1 SD card reader was working flawlessly all the way from 10.6 to 10.14.

10.15.1 breaks something. The installer is not working any more.

It is possible to install the JMB38X.kext with Kext Utility after mounting the system partition as read/write.

Afterwards the card reader device is seen by the OS, but no SD card is mounted in spite of that.

The about screen looks exactly as with Mojave, kext is loaded, but nothing.

XHCI.png.125dd8a33508e5543d38baab0ced9eae.png

Does anybody have a working solution for Catalina?

Attached are installer and kext working with 10.14, though you will have those already.

I´m under the impression that the card reader was working with 10.15.0 after upgrading from 10.14.6, but I may be wrong here.

TSRDF1_Mac.zip

JMB38X.kext.zip

Edited by goodguess

• 9 months later...

How do you made it work with 10.13.6? I trying to use JMB38X with Sonnet ExpressCard (its original driver) in MacBook Pro, disabled kext csrutil protection, put both files in /Library/Extensions/, even loaded it manually using kextload, and nope, it appears as Generic read-only storage.