Apple Grey Screen on Dual Display

raziiq

9 posts in this topic

Hey there

i m having this weird kinda problem. My Computer works fine but whenever i try to have a Dual Screen Display by pressing Fn + F5 (Toshiba Dynabook Dual Display Shortcut) , i get an Apple Grey Screen. Interesting thing is that my display is transferred to my TV but my TV shows Apple Grey Screen and when i transfer back my display by pressing the above key combination i get the same Apple Grey screen on my Laptop screen as well.

P.S. i m using Svideo out cable From my Laptop to my TV.

Any Suggestions?

i didn't see that it was on an tv, making tv work is not easy, still trying here...

did you try via preferences and then displays an then the detect displays?

by the way , be sure to boot without the tv connected, i've read that it gives better results that way

ya i know that so booted without tv connected, still same.

As far as Display settings are concerned, i did click Detect Display but no results, i read somewhere that i ll get some display properties if Leopard detects an external display, but leopard never detects which is a problem.

Still searching for the solution, hope to get it soon.

its really strange that although i have got that Apple Grey screen on my Lappy and TV Screen but still i have my Lappy working, i mean that i can hear that movie sounds but cant make my graphics to work, which means that my Lappy is not frozen its working but Graphics are not shown, only Apple Grey screen on both Lappy and TV :(

Anyone??

• 7 months later...