DSDT Patcher

fassl

752 posts in this topic

Can you post the screenshot of the kernel panic? There is a lot of factors that can cause kernel panic. Try boot with "arch=i386" & see if you still get kernel panic.

kizwan

Ok, I've posted the screenshot as you requested, sorry for the bad quality...

post-500711-1272098144_thumb.jpg

Ok, I've posted the screenshot as you requested, sorry for the bad quality...

Please post here the specification of your computer. Also please list all of the patched kexts you use (in the Extra folder & also patched kexts you put in Extensions folder).

kizwan

Please post here the specification of your computer. Also please list all of the patched kexts you use (in the Extra folder & also patched kexts you put in Extensions folder).

kizwan

System specs:

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO PI2515 laptop computer

2 Gb DDR2 RAM

Intel T7300 CPU

An external USB HDD 160Gb

Intel GMA X3100 VGA

Realtek ALC 883 audio with optical audio out

Installed kexts:

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2controller.kext

VoodooPS2tarckpad.kext

AppleHDA10.6.2.kext

FakeSMC.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

And I'm using a 10.6.2 Mac OSX SL with original vanilla kernel. I hope it will help.

@beni, this is your DSDT. It has been fixed. Please refer to dsdt.dsl to see the changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zm3z4ymaghm

kizwan

System specs:

Fujitsu Siemens AMILO PI2515 laptop computer

2 Gb DDR2 RAM

Intel T7300 CPU

An external USB HDD 160Gb

Intel GMA X3100 VGA

Realtek ALC 883 audio with optical audio out

Installed kexts:

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2controller.kext

VoodooPS2tarckpad.kext

AppleHDA10.6.2.kext

FakeSMC.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

And I'm using a 10.6.2 Mac OSX SL with original vanilla kernel. I hope it will help.

Looks fine to me. I can't find what causing KP on your computer. Perhaps the GMA X3100 is causing the kernel panic.

kizwan

Ill give it a try. How do you fix the DSDT? I cant even compile one. lol.

Can you help me out. I installed SL on my laptop. It boots without the DSDT in root or extra, why is that?

Can you give me a quick overview of what DSDT override is? and which bootloader should i use. My current one is ch.v2 RC4

Ill give it a try. How do you fix the DSDT? I cant even compile one. lol.

Can you help me out. I installed SL on my laptop. It boots without the DSDT in root or extra, why is that?

Can you give me a quick overview of what DSDT override is? and which bootloader should i use. My current one is ch.v2 RC4

I just corrected the entry for CPU.

DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 1, "HP	", "30CC	", 0x00000001)
{
External (PDC1)
External (PDC0)
External (CFGD)
// External (^CPU0._PPC)
// change to:-
External (\_PR_.CPU0._PPC)

The first error always the key to correct the remaining error.

DSDT is one of the table in ACPI which reside in BIOS. Sometime manufacturers tend to program DSDT just for windows. If this is the case, other OSes (e.g. linux) maybe not working properly (e.g. sleep not working). DSDT override is to override DSDT in the BIOS, in this case for Mac OS X to working properly in non-Apple hardware by using modified DSDT file (dsdt.aml). The modified DSDT also can be flashed to BIOS chip permanently but DSDT override is much safer. As for bootloader, I recommend Chameleon 2 RCx (latest is RC4) or PCEFI v10.6 (latest).

Some (or maybe most) non-Apple computer able to boot Mac OS X without applying DSDT override. But not all hardware will be working properly (e.g. sleep, wireless, ethernet, usb, etc) & most of the problem can be fixed by modifying the DSDT. You will need a little programming knowledge to modify it.

kizwan

Great, Thank you!, I have ACL268 audio. I look for "AZAL" but i cant find it. Is that a problem?

No, its not a problem. Your DSDT already have HDEF.

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
			Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				DCKA,   1, 
						Offset (0x01), 
				DCKM,   1, 
					,   6, 
				DCKS,   1, 
						Offset (0x08), 
					,   15, 
				PMES,   1
			}
		}

However you need to modified it to get your sound working.

kizwan

How do I correct the rest of the problems? You said you corrected the first the CPU and you said there were other problems.

The other errors was caused by the first error (CPU entry). Fixing the first error solved all of the remaining errors. I already fixed your DSDT. Why do you still want to fix it yourself? If you want to see what changes I have made, please refer to the dsdt.dsl file in the package I uploaded earlier. Search for "// add return" & "// change to".

"// change to" - after this remark/comment, the code fixed the errors

"// add return" - after this remark/comment, the code fixed the warnings

kizwan

Ok, I managed to get rid of my kernel panics, the source of the problem was the VoodooHDA.kext. I've tried a lot of version of VoodooHDA, but non of them worked. My audio is working with a DSDT mod, and legacyalc883 kext. The only problem is that my wireless lan card is not supported, so I want to buy a new one but I don't know which. Can you recommend me something working with original kexts? (I mean fully supported by OSX)

EDIT: I got one warning, help me fix it please. I put the new HDEF code in there.

heres my .DSL file.

Not warning, it actually one error while compiling. This is the fixed DSDT:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?1tmyxwemnzv

You forgot to add DTGP method for the code to compiled successfully. Look for "// start" remark/comment in dsdt.dsl file to see the DTGP method.

kizwan

Ok, I managed to get rid of my kernel panics, the source of the problem was the VoodooHDA.kext. I've tried a lot of version of VoodooHDA, but non of them worked. My audio is working with a DSDT mod, and legacyalc883 kext. The only problem is that my wireless lan card is not supported, so I want to buy a new one but I don't know which. Can you recommend me something working with original kexts? (I mean fully supported by OSX)

These are the list of network cards with 10/100/1000 which fully supported by OSX:-

TP-Link TG-3269

Trendnet TEG-PCITXR

Attansic L1

Broadcom 5721 NetXtreme NIC

Dynex DX-PCIGB

Planet ENW-9605 (Realtek 8169SC)

EDIT: Silly of me! Sorry, my mistake. The word "lan" in "wireless lan" make me reply with wrong information. This is the wireless card which compatible with Mac OS X:-

Dell Wireless 1395 (broadcom)

Dell Wireless 1397 (broadcom)

AirPort card from Apple

Both card have many revision (release) where some card just need to add Device ID in the broadcom kext's Info.plist file to make it works. Good news is, the broadcom card can be easily rebranded to AirPort Extreme card. ;)

You might want to try google first in the future or just visit wiki.osx86project.org.

kizwan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Obi Wan Kizwani ; )

You ARE a DSDT Jedi Master!!!

:P

I just got a Sony Vaio VPCF115FM notebook and am working to get 10.6.3 working with DSDT as much as possible. First priority is video, 2nd NIC, 3rd audio. Here are some of the system's specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 - 720QM

Installed: 6GB (4GB+2GB)

Maximum: 8GB

Type/Speed: DDR3/1333MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M GPU w/ 1024 MB

Marvell® Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Realtek ALC275 audio

I have been working really hard to try and do this myself, and have made great progress by successfully compiling several DSDT.aml files, but I'm just killing myself!

:blowup:

Any help at this point would be a BIG help!

I have attached a file that has my edited DSDT files, a clean stock dsdt file, and also my complete IOReg exported to an IOReg file.

VAIO_files.zip

Of course, I am ready, willing, able, and standing-by to provide any other information that would be helpful.

I am up and running on 10.6.3 at x64, but video is 1024x768 only. I have also already applied the MacBookPro 3.1 update.

THANK YOU!!!

:happymac:

Hi Mammoth,

If you're using Chameleon 2 RCx boot loader, try boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Let me know the result, either the GPU is working properly or not. As for your NIC card, I need to research about it first. To get audio working, I need codec dump for your audio (taken in linux)....but put this on-hold for now. Let make the graphic card & NIC working first.

I have i7 powered notebook but I haven't tried installing the Mac OS X yet. Seeing you have the same i7 CPU, I was wondering, did all cores (8) detected in Mac OS X?

kizwan

Hi Mammoth,

If you're using Chameleon 2 RCx boot loader, try boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Let me know the result, either the GPU is working properly or not. As for your NIC card, I need to research about it first. To get audio working, I need codec dump for your audio (taken in linux)....but put this on-hold for now. Let make the graphic card & NIC working first.

I have i7 powered notebook but I haven't tried installing the Mac OS X yet. Seeing you have the same i7 CPU, I was wondering, did all cores (8) detected in Mac OS X?

kizwan

Hi Kizwan,

Yes, I'm using Cham 2 RC4 (or maybe 5?). Ok, here is the deal: The new MacBook Pro's have two video cards in them, an Intel and an nVidia GT 330M. I went to my local Fry's Electronics today and got some great screen shots of the components from Profiler and have attached them below. I also took my VPCF115FM appart today and took some pictures and notes. The WLAN card is actually an Atheros (pic included). On the real MacBook Pro (6,1), the default video card is the Intel! That seems strange to me; I would want the nVidia card as the default. I don't know if this is switchable on a real Mac (or Hack), but hope so.

Ok, sooo... to answer your question about GraphicsEnabler, with my current configuration, setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes, puts the video output on the external VGA connector (have not even messed with the HDMI out yet). Again, not with correct resoultions. I think we need to figure out a DSDT entry for Intel GMA of some sort for the Intel card. If I set GraphicsEnabler=No, then I get display on the laptop's LCD screen, again, not correct res.

If you look at the attached pics, you can see the entries for both of these cards on a real Mac.

I know how to get the dump from Fedora Linux for the audio card, so I will get that later.

Great if we have at least similar laptops! And YES, all 8 cores are seen and utilized! :)

I am using a boot CD / Installer from "Hazard", the version I have is with 10.6.2 integrated. I tried using the newest TonyMacx86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD so I could use my purchased 10.6.3 DVD, but could not get it to work (but I'm sure with the right touch, it could work).

These are screen shots of newest MacBookPro 6,1 components from System Profiler and one pic of the internal WLAN card from a VAIO VPCF115FM/B (bought from Best Buy).

MacBookPro6.2.zip

Dang! file should have been named 6.1 not 6.2. Sorry. :|

THANKS!

Hi Kizwan,

Yes, I'm using Cham 2 RC4 (or maybe 5?). Ok, here is the deal: The new MacBook Pro's have two video cards in them, an Intel and an nVidia GT 330M. I went to my local Fry's Electronics today and got some great screen shots of the components from Profiler and have attached them below. I also took my VPCF115FM appart today and took some pictures and notes. The WLAN card is actually an Atheros (pic included). On the real MacBook Pro (6,1), the default video card is the Intel! That seems strange to me; I would want the nVidia card as the default. I don't know if this is switchable on a real Mac (or Hack), but hope so.

What the new MB Pro & your notebook have is a hybrid graphic card. I have use a Dell Studio XPS notebook before (not mine) with a hybrid graphic card & I know how it works. It works like i7 Turbo Boost technology where when you're using an application which require less demand of graphic processing, Intel HD Graphics will be use (most of the time). When there is a demand for more powerful graphic processing, it will automatically switch to nVidia GT 330M graphic card. Same thing happen in Mac OS X (after installing the MacBook update you mention in previous post). In windows 7, you can set to nVidia GT 330M, to use it as default if you set the profile to "High Performance". I don't know if you can do the same thing with Mac OS X.

Ok, sooo... to answer your question about GraphicsEnabler, with my current configuration, setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes, puts the video output on the external VGA connector (have not even messed with the HDMI out yet). Again, not with correct resoultions. I think we need to figure out a DSDT entry for Intel GMA of some sort for the Intel card. If I set GraphicsEnabler=No, then I get display on the laptop's LCD screen, again, not correct res.

I agree we need to add DSDT entry for Intel HD Graphic but I haven't found any solution that workable in Snow Leopard...yet.

If you look at the attached pics, you can see the entries for both of these cards on a real Mac.

I know how to get the dump from Fedora Linux for the audio card, so I will get that later.

Good to know but the problem is not getting the dump from linux, the "problem" actually "translating" the dump to workable legacy kext & DSDT code for the audio. It's a lengthy process. That is why I put it on-hold for now. Most important is to get your graphic card working.

Great if we have at least similar laptops! And YES, all 8 cores are seen and utilized! :)

Good to hear all cores working but I'm guessing you have different chipset. Mine is PM55 & I think you have more advanced chipset, at least HM55. Can you confirm? I'm considering to install Mac OS X on my Dell notebook, maybe on external hard disk.

I am using a boot CD / Installer from "Hazard", the version I have is with 10.6.2 integrated. I tried using the newest TonyMacx86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] CD so I could use my purchased 10.6.3 DVD, but could not get it to work (but I'm sure with the right touch, it could work).

These are screen shots of newest MacBookPro 6,1 components from System Profiler and one pic of the internal WLAN card from a VAIO VPCF115FM/B (bought from Best Buy).

MacBookPro6.2.zip

Dang! file should have been named 6.1 not 6.2. Sorry. :D

I need ioreg dump file taken from your Sony Vaio using IORegistryExplorer application (come with Xcode). It is a bonus if you can obtain the ioreg dump from the new MacBook Pro. However, the chances to make the Intel HD Graphic to work is slim.

kizwan

What the new MB Pro & your notebook have is a hybrid graphic card. I have use a Dell Studio XPS notebook before (not mine) with a hybrid graphic card & I know how it works. It works like i7 Turbo Boost technology where when you're using an application which require less demand of graphic processing, Intel HD Graphics will be use (most of the time). When there is a demand for more powerful graphic processing, it will automatically switch to nVidia GT 330M graphic card. Same thing happen in Mac OS X (after installing the MacBook update you mention in previous post). In windows 7, you can set to nVidia GT 330M, to use it as default if you set the profile to "High Performance". I don't know if you can do the same thing with Mac OS X.

Ok, so I guess the Intel GMA is part of the chipset? So far on my laptop, I actually don't see an Intel video chip, only the nVidia GT 330M shows up, but I will have to mess with it more. Maybe the MacBook Pro I looked at uses this feature but not my laptop. I will look into it.

Good to know but the problem is not getting the dump from linux, the "problem" actually "translating" the dump to workable legacy kext & DSDT code for the audio. It's a lengthy process. That is why I put it on-hold for now. Most important is to get your graphic card working.

Ok, sounds good. Yes, video first then.

Good to hear all cores working but I'm guessing you have different chipset. Mine is PM55 & I think you have more advanced chipset, at least HM55. Can you confirm? I'm considering to install Mac OS X on my Dell notebook, maybe on external hard disk.

Nope, mine is PM55 also (from CPU-Z). Hard drives are cheap now; I just got a 500 GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA drive for mine for $99. You could get a drive for testing for like $30 - $40. So right now I have the factory Windows 7 drive and I swap it out with another drive I am testing with OS X.

I need ioreg dump file taken from your Sony Vaio using IORegistryExplorer application (come with Xcode). It is a bonus if you can obtain the ioreg dump from the new MacBook Pro. However, the chances to make the Intel HD Graphic to work is slim.

kizwan

I had included a file in my first .ZIP file that I thought WAS from IOReg; was it from some other program? Did you see that file? It was viewable (I thought) if opened in IORegistryExplorer. Let me know if otherwise. I'll check later too, it's just right now I have the Windows 7 drive in the VAIO.

Also, I will put IORegistryExplorer on a flash drive and goto Fry's and get the dump from the MacBook Pro there. Anything else I could get you from it?

THANKS!

I had included a file in my first .ZIP file that I thought WAS from IOReg; was it from some other program? Did you see that file? It was viewable (I thought) if opened in IORegistryExplorer. Let me know if otherwise. I'll check later too, it's just right now I have the Windows 7 drive in the VAIO.

Also, I will put IORegistryExplorer on a flash drive and goto Fry's and get the dump from the MacBook Pro there. Anything else I could get you from it?

Yes, you already include in the zip file. ;) Emm...I think ioreg dump should be enough.

I think ioreg dump should be enough.

Thanks Kizwan!

OK, just back from Fry's with the goods. I didn't know this, but you can actually save all the information from System Profiler to a file, so I have that here for you (and everyone else) too.

MacBook Pro (6,1) IOReg info:

MacBook_Pro_6.1_IOReg.zip

MacBook Pro (6,1) full System Profile:

MacBook_Pro_6.1_SysProfiler.zip

Mammoth