Update Tiger to Leopard on a MacBook Pro

Le-Bebop

5 posts in this topic

Hi! After 3 years of life with an Hackintosh :D , from my first Jas10.4.3 to the famous Kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.5, I decided to buy a real real Mac. :D:P .

Notice a very very important thing: I would never buy a real Mac if I didn't know the Hackintosh = the possibility to test the real capacity of the Apple OS without pay it... So THANKS for the community!!! :D

So,excuse me, my question. I will receive my MacBook in few days, with a real install DVD of Leo (I thinck?). Can I install this DVD on a MacBook-Pro which is under Tiger ???

Thanks

no you can't, AFAIK

because, the DVDs that come with any Mac is only for that Mac model, and they are restore discs, not install discs (although you can install Mac OS from the restore disc (DUH!)). So, in your case, you have the MacBook Leopard restore disc. You can boot the MacBook restore disc on a MacBook Pro, but you cannot get to the installer (you can get past the language selector though). An error message will pop up and it will ask you to restart your computer.

anyway I am getting a MacBook soon for the same reason as you, because the Hackintosh works so much better than the Winblows Crapista it was built to run :D