Apple Stops Mac Mini Shipments to Retailers

macgirl

11 posts in this topic

So, since apple users (and us) seem to like to kick around rumors and conspiracy theories. What might the implications be for dropping the mac mini, and the *wink* agreement with Psystar that's pending. Might we be getting ready to see a midline headless mac? or maybe a release of the OS for the midline grey box? Either way would likely be ok, thoughts?

People keep saying 'overpriced' for the hardware but - in terms of aesthetics, it's a design classic - can anyone name a small form PC that comes even remotely close to its look? I own a Mini and have been patiently waiting for an update. I know Steve makes mistakes but... it's too much of a niche product to seriously dent sales of other Apple hardware, surely, and I can't imagine it doesn't earn its keep?

I just hope that any replacement doesn't have an iPod dock on the top plate. Seriously, I keep having nightmares about those iPod clock-radio-speaker docking units out there and Apple bringing out some entertainment box-ette come small form computer with iPod dock.

Nah, way too ugly a concept to reinvent as gorgeous, right?

Good riddance, mac mini is a waste of money. The worst part is the terrible integrated graphics that prevent you from playing pretty much any semi-modern 3D game and aren't up to snuff with alot of multimedia apps. Why doesn't Apple release a freakin mid-tower for a reasonable price?

• 2 weeks later...