IDT DRIVER WORKING! (Update Now for Snow Leopard 10.6.3)

AREOS

15 posts in this topic

Hi, good news for all with an IDT chip

I patch the Apple HDA kext to get my idt 92hd71b8 inside my Gateway P6801mFX laptop, and after all the work it works!!!.

This kext gives full int speakers and Headphone detect with volume control and mute

If you have some problems loading it just use ALCinject and all will be fine.

Issues still remains

1.-It�s and old kext so it will give you some shutdown problems, I�m working to understand the new HDA kext to resolve this issue.

2.-No, int or ext Mic or Spdif out yet but with some work we get full support (it only needs to play with it)

Here is it and my dump

Cheersss I have a full Hackbook Pro now!!!!! :(

(UPDATE)

FOR SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.3 kext read post 15

YES FINALLY!!! MY INTERNAL SPEAKERS WORK!!!!!'

any1 who is having trouble u might have to edit the provided kext a bit in the binary and plist for your codec cuz i had to adjust a few things.

Thank you very much AREOS! YOU ROCK!!

I´m glad to help, if someone needs help just post your codec dump for make your adjustments.

:)

• 5 months later...

Hi man! Hey i'm new for OSX86 and i have an HP pavillion dv7 1130 us. I didn't find the video driver for it because it's ATI RADEON HD 3200, yet i fix it. But that's not the point, could you please send me :rolleyes: the sound driver (cause mine is also IDT) i cant download it i don't know why. Could you make me that favor please? I would appreceate it a lot!! Thanks!! Greetings from costa rica!!!

Hi man! Hey i'm new for OSX86 and i have an HP pavillion dv7 1130 us. I didn't find the video driver for it because it's ATI RADEON HD 3200, yet i fix it. But that's not the point, could you please send me :) the sound driver (cause mine is also IDT) i cant download it i don't know why. Could you make me that favor please? I would appreceate it a lot!! Thanks!! Greetings from costa rica!!!

P.S> how can i download the file? I don't find the option. HELP APPRECIATED THANKS :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i know this is an old thread.... but, I also have an IDT 92HD71B8 sound card, and have spent ALL night trying to get it to work. I finally completed sabre18's IDT apple HDA Patch Guide and restarted to no avail. I tried using his pin config guide however am hopelessly lost with finding my pin in windows 7 (all that hard work, just to be stopped here )

I was wondering if any of you have the pin and would be able to post it for me? I would ask for the .kext, however I have recently installed 10.6 and do not think the kexts would translate over.

i know this is an old thread.... but, I also have an IDT 92HD71B8 sound card, and have spent ALL night trying to get it to work. I finally completed sabre18's IDT apple HDA Patch Guide and restarted to no avail. I tried using his pin config guide however am hopelessly lost with finding my pin in windows 7 (all that hard work, just to be stopped here )

I was wondering if any of you have the pin and would be able to post it for me? I would ask for the .kext, however I have recently installed 10.6 and do not think the kexts would translate over.

Well, it´s been a while since after all the work we finally got our IDT sound working and now I give you Fulll, full working kext version 1.8.4fc3 (SNOW Leopard 10.6.3) for IDT 92HD76B8 (Hex 111D76b0), this card is inside my Gateway P6801mFX.

Working Outputs

Internal Speakers

Headphones

Spdif

Auto switch for Headphone/Speakers/Spdif

Working Inputs

Line In (mic in) amplifier slide

Internal Mic with amplifier slide and noise reduction

In system profiler you will get all recognized.

This will give you some sound assertion messages at boot, but is only stetic.

This kext needs to be installed in /System/Library/Extensions/

repair permissions

and for get loaded you need HDA Enabler or DSDT inject.

Get Fun :(

AppleHDA.kext.zip

last92hd76B8_codecdum.txt