[SOLVED]Can't boot after installing Chameleon EFI

Altimit

9 posts in this topic

I heard Chameleon EFI was better than PC EFI so I tried installing it with OSx86Tools. Unfortunately now I can't boot OSX. It just hangs on my computer's POST screen. It doesn't skip over the drive as if it's not bootable, it just sits there doing nothing. Is there any way to fix this short of a complete reinstall?

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mainboard if that helps.

Thanks.

I heard Chameleon EFI was better than PC EFI so I tried installing it with

OSx86Tools.

Maybe that's why it isn't working for you.

Chameleon comes with its own installer, you don't need OSX86Tools or anything else to install it.

Maybe that's why it isn't working for you.

Chameleon comes with its own installer, you don't need OSX86Tools or anything else to install it.

This didn't help solve my initial problem, but you were right :( I ended up managing to get back in and tried using the actual chameleon installer and everything went fine.

• 5 months later...
This didn't help solve my initial problem, but you were right :P I ended up managing to get back in and tried using the actual chameleon installer and everything went fine.

I am having exactly the same problem.. tell me how did you MANAGE to get back in OSX?

my osx wont boot atall..

so i cant reinstall chameleon perfectly

• 1 month later...
I chameleon to boot when i installed my retail 10.5.5 to a Asus P5B-e Motherboard. I couldn´t make the drive with chameleon Efi bootable so i used PC EFI v.80 instead where you set the partition active manually fronm the terminal.

Hey Allnutz, can u help me with the booting? Ive got everything else working fine, but everytime i have to boot through the boot 132 CD. Im pretty confused about the kext files and everything else. Is there any simpler way to understand this? Ive tried so many things to make it boot without the boot 132 cd.

If u can give me sollutions, please email me at firdee@gmail.com