Extremely annoing ipod/itunes problem!

babik_

5 posts in this topic

I recently bought an ipod classic which I, in the beginning, was very satisfied with. Although, after about a month, my ipod started acted really wierd when i sync it with itunes in windows vista. When i try to sync videos onto my ipod, itunes crashed and tells me that it shut down from an unknown reason.

I've tried to restore my ipod to factory setup and i have tried to reinstall itunes and i have also tried older versions of itunes, but with no luck. I've looked around the net for answers and i've noticed that many people share this problem but it seems like noone knows the solution.

Someone who knows how to fix this??

Thnx!!

I recently bought an ipod classic which I, in the beginning, was very satisfied with. Although, after about a month, my ipod started acted really wierd when i sync it with itunes in windows vista. When i try to sync videos onto my ipod, itunes crashed and tells me that it shut down from an unknown reason.

I've tried to restore my ipod to factory setup and i have tried to reinstall itunes and i have also tried older versions of itunes, but with no luck. I've looked around the net for answers and i've noticed that many people share this problem but it seems like noone knows the solution.

Someone who knows how to fix this??

Thnx!!

When was the last time you performed your Windows maintenance? If you restored your iPod, it kind points to Windows as the culprit. My nephew has Windows XP and was experiencing similar problems. He's young and so installs EVERYTHING that looks remotely interesting... after uninstalling all the programs he never used and removing all the adware and spyware, we ran CCleaner to further delete the residual junk and streamline the registry a bit and then we defragged the hard drive. After that, we reinstalled iTunes and everything worked just fine.

I guess there really are millions of things that could be causing your problems but maintenance is always the best place to start. Maybe some of our friendly neighborhood Windows users can recommend maintenance routines and programs that work best for them. These days, I really only see a Windows machine after months of abuse and in its death throws.

A few months back, I thought my iMac was having a nervous breakdown.... it was doing all sorts of strange things, freezing up, not coming out of sleep mode, not rebooting, programs crashing right and left... I ran Onyx, and it solved ALL my problems. To this day, I am not sure what the heck I did to it!