atheros wireless n chips

roadcrash1

16 posts in this topic

I know i'm a total noob but i was reading that people can sometimes create a kext from a stable linux is anyone willing to create an atheros based kext for wireless n?

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard...h9k-39930.shtml

supported chips include

· AR5418+AR5133

· AR5416+AR5133

· AR5416+AR2133

· AR9160

· AR9280

· AR9281

Thats the driver developed with the help of atheros if anyone is willing i'm sure many people would be appreciative :D inlcluding me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
i need this too if any of yall found it.. ar9281

I just got a new MSI Wind U120 netbook with the 802.11b/g/n and it has a Atheros AR5B91 chip in it. this netbook is going to be very popular as it replaces the MSI 100 /etc .. is there anyone willing to take on the challenge of getting it to work? thanks! :D

Guest BuildSmart

If I had one of these wireless cards I might take a stab at it however, going over the notes, the 9281 is using the 5416+5133 sections of the driver so I would think that modifying the ID's in 10.5.x Atheros driver would be sufficient to make it work.

• 1 month later...
If I had one of these wireless cards I might take a stab at it however, going over the notes, the 9281 is using the 5416+5133 sections of the driver so I would think that modifying the ID's in 10.5.x Atheros driver would be sufficient to make it work.

what current driver r u talking about? I can test it on my card..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Very happy to see the community wanting this driver too.

I'm in the same boat with my Asus EEEPC 1000HE. We really nedd this...

I don't have the skills to program but i can test the driver if someone want it.

Thanks

Bob

• 1 month later...