MacBook, Leopard and Transmission - Not working well together

prodeguerriero

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

I've got a little question for you. I have a broadband internenet connection (it's optical fibre in Italy, called Fastweb). Everything works fine by using the ethernet cables coming out from the HUG installed by Fastweb which converts the signal from the optic cable to phone line and Ethernet. But if I plug my Netgear Router to create a WiFi connection, I get the following issue (happens both using Airport with wifi and ethernet coming out from the router):

-sometimes (not very often) the internet connection falls. I still get the signal, but the connection times out and i can't get it to work anymore unless I restart the router;

- if I start Transmission (BitTorrent), after less than 5 minutes the connection ALWAYS falls as stated in previous point;

any suggestion about what to do?

Bye bye

try going to the Transmission preferences/Peers and enable encryption, also check "Ignore unencrypted peers"

maybe your ISP is blocking your torrent downloads.

If it was the Provider blocking the downloads, transmission shouldn't work also using the cable coming out from the main HUG. But this is not the case. The problem occours only when using the internet signal coming thourgh the Netgear router (both wifi or LAN).

Besides, @ school we have wifi access with same ISP and Airport network. Here Transmission works flawlessy. I think it's some setting of the router which causes the problem.

Thanks for the reply though.

Gabe

try going to the Transmission preferences/Peers and enable encryption, also check "Ignore unencrypted peers"

Sorry to chime in, would you care to elaborate on 'enable encryption'? All I can find in my preferences is a check box for 'prefer encrypted peers'. I'm on Transmission 1.34 (6939). Is this version encrypted by default? Is there a way to check if my connection is encrypted?

thanks