iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 install questions

Jesse Baker

4 posts in this topic

I have been running Kalyway 10.5.2 with everything working quite well. The only frustrating issue is very frequent kernel panics.

Excited to try and resolve this problem i have been experimenting with the iDeneb 10.5.5

Me being somewhat of a noob to the hackintosh installation options need everyones advice.

Here is my setup

M/B: EVGA 680i part # 122-CK-NF68-T1

CPU: Core2Duo E6600 o/c'd 3.0ghz

RAM: 2x2gb OCZ Reaper 1066mhz memory

GPU: XFX 8800GTX 768mb

im not sure what option was checked but the onboard sound worked great in the Kalyway 10.5.2, with nvinject full quartz extreme and display support. internet by using the apple usb ethernet adaptor. everything worked, but I would still get kernel panics randomly. especially when torrenting or importing photos to iphoto. any ideas what caused that?

now here is my question I have... currently I am using the sleep_kernel with 10.5.2

What options should I use for the installation??? i have tried installing 4 different times and the installation completes and then will not boot, what options should I be selecting?

should I be using the 9.5 vanilla kernel? or the 9.2 sleep kernel?

what audio drivers should I be using. I really want this to work.

also i am doing a complete fresh install on a SATA hd. I am currently running Kalyway on a 150gb sata wd raptor. i also have a spare 160gb sata that I was using for time machine.

i just wiped it and still cannot get it to boot.

post-216923-1223847045_thumb.jpg