Can't eject DVD/CD

9 posts in this topic

I have an LG burner SATA. F12, eject through itunes, toast, etc. does not work. Whenever I try to eject it thinks i've inserted a blank disk.

Anyone ever had this issue before? I've seen a few posts on it, but no one seems to have found a solution besides restarting the computer.

I did a retail install using the grub ISO. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an LG burner SATA. F12, eject through itunes, toast, etc. does not work. Whenever I try to eject it thinks i've inserted a blank disk.

Anyone ever had this issue before? I've seen a few posts on it, but no one seems to have found a solution besides restarting the computer.

????? What exact happens ??????

I dont undertand "Whenever I try to eject it thinks i've inserted a blank disk." ??

When i want to eject an blank disk it gets ejected. No difference to full fdisk.

On Macs AND!! our OSX86 the eject button on CD/DVD-drive never works if an CD/DVD is in the drive- thats ok so.

Mac/OSX86 ejects only by software, not pushing button on cd/dvd drive if an cd/DVD is in the slot.

Open cd/DVD slot only works with cd/dvd-drive button if NO cd/DVD is in the drive.

What is happening I think is that OS X incorrectly tries to shut own the SATA drive just like any other HD for power saving, I stopped my LG SATA drive from being unable to open/close by disabling sleep for Hard drives in Energy Saver options.

I'll try that disabling method, thanks :(

i've tried everything...opening it using terminal, opening it using software,

I see the disk in disk utility, but as soon as I eject, it gives me a message saying "you've inserted a blank dvd...etc"

I'll try disabling the hard drives sleep thing. Anyway to do it just for a specific HDD?

• 2 weeks later...

Evening Anyone,

I've got the same issue, Ex-Kaly10.5.2 updated to 10.5.5... Pioneer 215D (SATA DVD Burner). My chosen burn application pops up everytime I try and eject, a few places don't even think there is a disk available to eject, under commandline df & diskutil don't see any partition on the media inserted. I even tried 'sudo diskutil eject /dev/disk4' (4 is my CDROM, there are four SATA drives in the system before it (0-3) ) ... to no avail, again, only get my burning application popping up. Only time I can eject is during POST... and I don't reboot my computer normally... 21 days uptime is normal.

I've unticked the "Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible." checkbox in the "Energy Saver" control panel in 'System Preferences' ... I'll post back if it fails :) Rebooting now to get the ject button back again, at least while it boots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

->This picture is for you mitch-de <-

P.S. Learning how to eject a disk in MAC is one of the first thing you are forced to learn, so contrary to what you assumed I do not think this user is that dumb and assuming such a thing is an insult to human intelligence.

A picture is worth a billion multilingual words.

This error also happens to me. I can not pin point the trigger because the error occurs randomly.

Optical%20Disk%20Eject%20-%20Warning.th.jpg

Optical%20Disk%20Eject%20-%20Warning%20-%20error%20code.th.jpg

I do not think it is related to the System Preference Energy Saver because none of my setting allow for disk sleep.

SATA in AHCI mode

1x - Pioneer DVR-216D SATA

1x - Samsung HD103UJ

Contrary to what I stated above, I noticed that my Energy Saver had the default Mac settings which made my DVD-Rom experience the above bug. I disabled the Energy Savings and my dvd stopped acting up.

If Energy Saving is on and there is a dvd in the dvd-rom drive it will automatically get the above error and randomly if no DVD was present in the drive.