help: need to update kalyway 10.5.2 for amd

lemnvonletea

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i am running kalyway 10.5.2 on an amd machine, and it's running great. only problem i have is with usb (have to restart the machine to see anew device attached to usb) and unfortunately i found no answer to this problem.

i read somewhere that an update to 10.5.5 will resolve the issue, so i want to do just that, update my system.

i found a kalyway 10.5.3 update on the green demon, but it says is for intel systems only.

is there any way i can update my system to 10.5.5 on my amd machine?

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

1. First thing that you need to do is update your system with Zephyroth ASU AMD. Download it here. It downloads and patches the updates for AMD Systems, it works great, at least on my machine.

2. After the update read this topic, change your Kernel to voodoo_beta2 (it's still the beta version but it's the most stable Kernel for AMD out there). You'll find the instructions in the archive.

3. Install AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext and 9.5.0 System.kext using KextHelper. (this should solve your USB problems)

And now you should have a perfectly working system with the best Kernel and latest updates :) cause some time ago i had the same questions as you do now.

If you have GeForce card and after update you'll lose the QE and CI, try installing the NVKush with the same KextHelper and delete NVInject.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

You'll find more info about USB problems and other things in this topic

Good luck.

• 6 months later...

I am wondering too, i am currently also on 10.5.2, but i am running Intel. Can anyone give me a hint where to start, and is it safe to update my hackintosh to 10.5.6?

I am wondering too, i am currently also on 10.5.2, but i am running Intel. Can anyone give me a hint where to start, and is it safe to update my hackintosh to 10.5.6?

you got it easy with Intel, Use the Kalyway update for intel, As far as I can tell its more stable than the AMD and easier to get hold of!

I need to update my kernel to voodoo, ive got the kernel, but I dont no where to put it (ie the root folder)

with an intel, you can go from .5.2 to 5.3 with the "Kalyway 10.5.3Update" then use apple to go up to .5.4 then i never went any further, as i started retail vanilla booting...

Where do you put new Kernels then? wheres the sub folder?