OpenDSDT, a solution for perfect ACPI support, Sleep?

sensei730000

5 posts in this topic

no one interested?

of course we'll all interested...

psystar published this info into a thread and i posted there to ask for support on how modify it, but i didn't find the thread anymore. ;)

so... any guru knows what to make of the instructions they give ? Psystar has a simillar thread on their forum but they declare no support for anything else except their own hardware...

i did try to install the kext as-is but it gave me very fast a kernel panic and had to remove it with the install dvd terminal...

psystar published this info into a thread and i posted there to ask for support on how modify it, but i didn't find the thread anymore. :pirate2:

so... any guru knows what to make of the instructions they give ? Psystar has a simillar thread on their forum but they declare no support for anything else except their own hardware...

The problem here is multiple:

First, that we do not wish to provide support for psystar, who, being a commercial enterprise, should provide support themselves, rather than adding to the burdens of a volunteer community.

Second, that there is a great deal of controversy about where these kexts came from & who actually wrote them, which makes people wary of having anything to do with them..

Third, editing DSDT is somewhat complex, and will probably need to be done for each motherboard individually, if not each system.

All this being said, a tutorial on how to go about patching DSDT, explanations of how it works, and patched kexts for various hardware would be helpful. As I see it, it's out there now, whatever its provenance, so why not use it if it can be useful?

Anyone wishing to contribute anything useful is very welcome. Anyone who has opinions on the more controversial aspects, please free to PM me so we can work out the most productive way in which to proceed.

• 1 year later...
The problem here is multiple:

First, that we do not wish to provide support for psystar, who, being a commercial enterprise, should provide support themselves, rather than adding to the burdens of a volunteer community.

Second, that there is a great deal of controversy about where these kexts came from & who actually wrote them, which makes people wary of having anything to do with them..

Third, editing DSDT is somewhat complex, and will probably need to be done for each motherboard individually, if not each system.

All this being said, a tutorial on how to go about patching DSDT, explanations of how it works, and patched kexts for various hardware would be helpful. As I see it, it's out there now, whatever its provenance, so why not use it if it can be useful?

Anyone wishing to contribute anything useful is very welcome. Anyone who has opinions on the more controversial aspects, please free to PM me so we can work out the most productive way in which to proceed.

Hagar,

I respectfully not agree with you.

On the First item, please remember that we use other open software from Psystar like OpenHaltRestart.kext (a lot of hackintoshes uses this kexts) and the Psy's Updated Realtek R1000 Driver. So I don't see any sin in using some more free software from any one that makes my life easier.

About the second one, you have the source code to check and modify if you want to, so it is not like using some "black boxed software" that may have copyrighted software.

On the third, if this openDsdt discover info about my particular hardware and makes a custom made Dsdt file for me, I'm ok with this.

Now about the bad side, I also tried to use it and had the same fast KP on the boot. I wish psystar gave more instructions about how to use it.