Video conversion/repair/capture/join

RTMG

10 posts in this topic

(excuse my ignorance of using some windows variant names)

Looking for some Mac apps (free or not), that will do the following: (or an all-in-one)

• Repair a video file (multiple formats) [like windows VideoFixer]
  • Join video (very multiple formats)
  • Convert (very multiple formats) [currently looking at MacMovieConverter)
  • Capture [used to using VitualDubMod for trimming commercials and padding, capturing through firewire AVC box]

Free would be great. If they cost - well so be it.

Only problem I can see trying to use QT is that the media would need to be handlable by the player in order to manipulate it.

The kind of scenario I`m looking at is:

• 100s of random clip submissions. (don`t want to nail down to one codec type submission)
  • Check they're not faulty.
  • Convert them to something akin to h264, which MacMovieConverter seems to be ok to handle. (adapting the frame/rate/sound if possible to a standard)
  • Join multiple submissions together where necessary.
  • Be able to repeat the process on the fly.

Yeah in windows you would have so many appz for conversion mac is kind a little bit behind.

Iam looking for appz for converting video formats, and something to convert videos to iphone format

I VisualHub can handle a lot of formats including iPhone.

I VisualHub can handle a lot of formats including iPhone.

Thanks for the tip m8, I`ll track that down and check it out.

That MacVideoConverter does iPhone/AppleTV/PS3/3gp/PSP etc etc, quite a long list.

I just read on VisualHub official website that the project doesnt exist. The guy behind it gave up, Iam pretty sure the software must be great but how long it will last like this?

Any more ideas?

That's true, the guy gave up. But the software is still good enough for current formats. I'll look around to see if I find something else.