iDeneb 10.5.5 problem

impreswrx

9 posts in this topic

I just installed iDeneb(v1.3) on my HP DV4000(GMA900) trying both SSE2 kernels.

Install goes fine then upon restart it goes through the apple screen to a blue screen, and just stays there, no disk activity. I tried bootin with -v to see where it might be getting stuck but it just goes to the same blue screen.

Thanks!

I didn't choose any drivers from the iDeneb setup, as it only had ATI, NVIDIA, and Intel GMA950 & X1300(i think)

When I startup with my external monitor connected I get an out of range signal.

Thanks for the replies!

I just tried forcing my LCD's res

"Graphics Mode"=1680x1050x32

If this helps:

After letting it sit at the blue desktop screen I hit option-q then hit enter, and the machine shuts down.

no workie

I didn't choose any drivers from the iDeneb setup, as it only had ATI, NVIDIA, and Intel GMA950 & X1300(i think)

When I startup with my external monitor connected I get an out of range signal.

Thanks for the replies!

I just tried forcing my LCD's res

"Graphics Mode"=1680x1050x32

If this helps:

After letting it sit at the blue desktop screen I hit option-q then hit enter, and the machine shuts down.

no workie

i have the same problem! ;)

• 1 month later...

Install goes fine then upon restart it goes through the apple screen to a blue screen, and just stays there, no disk activity. I tried bootin with -v to see where it might be getting stuck but it just goes to the same blue screen.

Thanks!

I have HP dv4275nr and had the same problem. I tried the paperclip trick at first but later i read somewhere that it was no longer working in Leopard.

So here is what i did:

I installed windows Xp first , then on another partition i installed iDeneb, after install i went back to windows and deleted all tha AppleIntelGMA kexts (950 & 1300) as well as the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Then I was able to boot iDeneb normally but without native resolution. After that i followed the instructions here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry962686 and this got my video working without paperclip tricking and with full resolution support, I am still having no QE/CI running but i hope i will find a way to get it working.

Also i messed up my video a couple of times but whatever happened i went back to windows and deleted the AppleIntelGMA kexts to reset the modifications.

Good Luck !!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

could u please post options u used

I'm dv4000 keep restarting after install