GA EP45-DS3 - iDENEB Installation

recorn

19 posts in this topic

hi there,

i need some help on installing on GA EP45-DS3, i manage to install (kalway 5.0 then update to 5.3), but i need to enable ACHI right? when i enable ACHI i cannot boot on window, can anybody help me?

All ok when i install only sound not working for right now

MY SPEC:

MOBO:GIGABYTES GA EP45-DS3

post-180783-1222633314_thumb.jpg

post-180783-1222633335_thumb.jpg

HD: SATA 200gb

RAM: Kingston 6gb

PROC: Q6600 2.4ghz (QUAD)

GRAPHIC CARD:NvIDIA 256 7300GT

thanks in advance

To my understanding only vista x64 has ahci support. Are you running the 32bit version? If so your just gonna have to enable and disable when needed. See if you can boot into leo with ahci enabled, some have reported that you only need enabled on the mac end for install purposes.

From what I read I think you installed Windows while not enabled AHCI and enabled when install OSX. Easiest way is to install ICH10 AHCI Drivers for Vista. Downloaded from Intel or Gigabyte website and extract content.

1. Set AHCI to disable.

2. Boot in windows.

3. In device manager select ICH10 Controller and select update drivers.

4. Select have disk and point to contents that you extracted from Drivers package. Make sure you select ICH10 AHCI drivers. Windows will pop-up that it is NOT compatible, ignored it and click yes to install.

5. Restart

6. Set AHCI in BIOS to enable.

7. You should be able to boot in Windows now with AHCI enable.

I'm typing from memory so don't blame me if it's incorrect in any step but it should work for you.

From what I read I think you installed Windows while not enabled AHCI and enabled when install OSX. Easiest way is to install ICH10 AHCI Drivers for Vista. Downloaded from Intel or Gigabyte website and extract content.

1. Set AHCI to disable.

2. Boot in windows.

3. In device manager select ICH10 Controller and select update drivers.

4. Select have disk and point to contents that you extracted from Drivers package. Make sure you select ICH10 AHCI drivers. Windows will pop-up that it is NOT compatible, ignored it and click yes to install.

5. Restart

6. Set AHCI in BIOS to enable.

7. You should be able to boot in Windows now with AHCI enable.

I'm typing from memory so don't blame me if it's incorrect in any step but it should work for you.

hi OldPoem

i try your suggestion but still no luck, for now i just follow JaE-V suggestion, any solution for me?

thank in advance

hi all,

good news :);) , right now i can dual booting to vista :) and hackintosh :thumbsup_anim: by reinstall vista (32bit) on achi enable, right now hac dont have sound, cannot sleep/shutdown/restart and cannot update, install FCP2/CS3 master collection and others run great :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

can anybody help me on:-

sound :(

sleep :(

restart :(

shutdown :(

update to 5.5 :(

thanks in advance

MOBO SPEC

GA EP45-DS3 (KALWAY 5.0.1)

Cooler Master 500wt

PROCESSOR: Q6600 2.4ghz - 3.0 ghz (OC)

XIGMA (red scorpion) Air Cooling System

NvIDIA GeForce 256 7600gt dual DVI

8GB Ram

(dual Boot Using EasyBCD 1.7.2)

1 X Sata DVDRW

2 X IDE DVDRW

200 ACHI Sata enable (vista (32bit))

200 ACHI sata enable (Kalway 5.0.1)

Lan Works (OB)

Hi recom,

Have you tried these ?

- Sound: I think this link can help you Link.

- Sleep: Even my computer cannot sleep now. Actually, it can sleep but doesn't know how to wake up. ;) Have you tried to use any sleep kernel ?

- Restart: I thinks the fixed AppleACPIPlatform.kext can solve this issue. U can grap it from #Leopard in the IRC channel.

- Shutdown: Sorry. I have no idea about this.

- Update to 10.5.5: What's the problem about this ? Just use netkas method. But u cannot use NVinject or NVkush after updating. GFX-string still works fine.

I intend to buy the same mainboard with you but i cannot find much information about it so I really need information from you :P . Can use give me some detail about your system working status ?

Do the firewire ports works ? Do all the USB ports works ? Any problem at all with the LAN (Because this board have two NIC chips, so which one works ?) ? All the SATA drives works ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi recom,

Have you tried these ?

- Sound: I think this link can help you Link.

- Sleep: Even my computer cannot sleep now. Actually, it can sleep but doesn't know how to wake up. :D Have you tried to use any sleep kernel ?

- Restart: I thinks the fixed AppleACPIPlatform.kext can solve this issue. U can grap it from #Leopard in the IRC channel.

- Shutdown: Sorry. I have no idea about this.

- Update to 10.5.5: What's the problem about this ? Just use netkas method. But u cannot use NVinject or NVkush after updating. GFX-string still works fine.

I intend to buy the same mainboard with you but i cannot find much information about it so I really need information from you :P . Can use give me some detail about your system working status ?

Do the firewire ports works ? Do all the USB ports works ? Any problem at all with the LAN (Because this board have two NIC chips, so which one works ?) ? All the SATA drives works ?

Thanks in advance.

hi Ducko,

nice to hear that u want to buy GA EP45-DS3, right now i already manage to install IDENEB after try kalway 10.5.1 (1st try run smoothly but intend to try IDENEB), IDENEB 10.5.4 run smoothly right now (typing on it :D ), for your question:

SATA All works

Sound works but no information

firewire ports works

USB ports all works

LAN works but not try it coz i'm using usb broadband

Dual Booting works

sleep (work & when boot up push power button coz using slim apple keyboard)

restart (work)

shutdown (work after updating software)

here is the PIC:

post-180783-1223121287_thumb.png

post-180783-1223124378_thumb.png

post-180783-1223123185_thumb.png

post-180783-1223121301_thumb.png

post-180783-1223121320_thumb.png

post-180783-1223121369_thumb.png

post-180783-1223121405_thumb.png

post-180783-1223121430_thumb.png

for sound ALC889A use AZALIA as attach : Azalia.zip

thats all for now, i have to testing this motherboard, if anything i will post back

:D;)

new news

sleep work & when boot up have to push on power button, right now using slim apple keyboard.

another good news, suddenly the shutdown is working after update the software :rolleyes:;)

p/s:still on try & error

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

just to share that my GA EP45-DS3 install with iDENEB 10.5.5 everything work like a charm only my sound give me 2 sound only not HD quality sound, any solution? right now i'm using AZALIA as i link here.

Thanks in advanve

• 1 month later...

Good, motherboard I bought this today.

Graphics card I purchased a Asus EN8600GT.

The processor I have is an Intel Pentium 4 - 3GHz SCK 775box, which is not very good, but for the moment ...

I would like to know the configuration that put iDeneb to install, so I do not have many problems.

I can remain W. Vista?

Thank you

hi all,

just to share that my GA EP45-DS3 install with iDENEB 10.5.5 everything work like a charm only my sound give me 2 sound only not HD quality sound, any solution? right now i'm using AZALIA as i link here.

Thanks in advanve

hey recorn,

why don't you try a retail install I have the same board working with the retail install (check signature) If you already have a working system it is prety easy to install... just follow how to's

it's a shame to have this board and not install a vanilla system...

Damarsman,

I would say Ideneb is useful if you have an AMD Mobo but a the end of the day it is a modified OSX release ..if you have an intel core motherboard retail is the way to go... Retail Install uses the Vanilla Kernel from Apple so simply it is more compatible

Installing from the retail DVD image and changing only a few kexts is as close as you get to a real mac..

The problem with the retail DVD is if you don't have a installed Osx system on your machine it is harder to install, but if you already have a system it is much easier....

Check

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=86167

and

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404