HELP! Mobile Nvidia geForce 9600m GS

dandaman1976

18 posts in this topic

cant install nvkush or nvinject or nvinstaller, everytime i do mac reboots with the GSOD!!!

I am trying to even figure out how to install a 9 seris card, and i really cant find any tutorial on how too...

does anyone know?

In system profiler I see the Device and vendor ID, but how do i get that to work?

Please been trying for days...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have an asus m50vm b1 with a 9600m gs video with qe/ci working. Used ipc osx. tried with gfx strings and didn't work, tried aquamac drver pack and didn't work. tried nvdarwin 1.25 with nothing else and works with full qe/ci. hope this helps

is your dev id 0x0648 ?

got a 9600m gs too, tried it with the same things and didn´t get qe/ci work. also i have to remove nvdaresman.kext to get no black internal screen.

bump

can somebody help to get this card working.

@Mustang Sally: tried the same -> ipc only with nvdarwin 1.2.5 but get black internal screen(because of nvdaresman.kext)

i made my nvcap string with nvcap maker and reading my nvidia rom with nvflash and putted the string in nvdarwin.kext but didn´t help.

chaka123

my setup:

Asus M50VM B1: 10.5.6 iPC PPF5 and retail 10.56

Kernel: Vanilla 9.6.0

Chipset: Intel ICH9-M / PM45 (i selected ICH10)

CPU: Intel Core2Duo P9400 2x2,56 Ghz

Memory: 4GB 800 Mhz

I used the modded bios from http://www.osxcores.site50.net/

GFX: Geforce 9600M GS (working with NVDarwin 1.25 full qe/ci, didn't select any graphics during install, tried gfx string and didn't work, selected the macbook pro kext and nvdarwin and didn't work. only worked with nvdarwin, nothing else.

Sound: ALC663 ( not working)

Ethernet: Realtek 8xxxx, works otb

Wifi: Atheros 928x AGN (not working, got a dell card 1505 which is n draft and just got a 1510 dell with a/g/n)

hmm but for my acer aspire 6930 there´s no bios update, maybe i have to patch my bios ?

i allthough thought about flash my nvidia bios because i have a 512mb card and in darwin bootloader it says only 14mb.

but my main problem is that when i install ipc 10.5.6 only with nvdarwin 1.2.5 my screen goes black after loading osx. i think it´s an issue with nvdaresman.kext, because when i delete it i get into leopard and in systemprofiles my card is recognized but no qe/ci, no resolution (used boot.plist for 1280x720x32) and no vga/hdmi outputs.

i´ve searched for weeks now to solve this problem and still don´t now how to fix this.

the only thing i could try a nvidia bios mod like THIS but i don´t know if it is possible with the geforce 9 series and i dont want to destroy my graphic card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don´t know

i got my hdmi out working on my samsung lcd tv now but my internal screen stay´s black.

and still no ce/ci.

think internal display don´t get detected but why. nvcap is generated by my gfx bios

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
GOT MY 9600M GS 512M WORKS WITH QE/CI ENABLED. DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING. JUST SELECT ONLY DARWIN 512M OPTION ON VIDEO DRIVER DURING INSTALLATION. (IPC 10.5.6 IN MY CASE)

congrats man will try the same when i get my laptop back after repairs...

• 2 weeks later...

i have asus x83vm-x2 / x83vm - x2 basically very similar to other asus n80 series laptop

with mobo n80vm / n80vb ( both are actually the same)

i have this same card... 9600m gs 1 gb / 1gb

thanks to all of you now this card is working... ipc 10.5.6 universal with ppf5 and selected all usual settings(will tell u abt that some other time).. but while selecting video drivers only selected nvdarwin 1.2.5 1gb thats all and qe working with full resolutions...

might make guide for this laptop

thanks again frnds

and yes device id 0x0648

special thanks to mustang sally